Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where we are...

I am in need of a little venting today so this is the place where I am going to do it.

Received an email from our adoption agency yesterday and they are wanting to set up the travel meeting. The travel meeting is where they tell you about what you will be doing when in China, where you will be going, you get to meet the other people you are traveling with, they talk about what to and what not to take. It's a big deal!!But the day they want to have the travel meeting is on a Monday evening at 5:30. Next Monday...not even a week's notice.

 I sent them an email back, asking for other options because I cannot take another Monday off of work. Last week was our Spring Company Show, and took that week off for dress rehearsals, plus there are never any classes on Memorial Day-another Monday. I cannot take another Monday off, and still feel confident that my Monday classes will be ready for the Recital in 4 weeks. My schedule is planned for the entire year back in September. Any days, or weeks, or anything I am going to take off are planned in the schedule back in September. If I am sick and have to cancel I have to make up those classes, and 4 weeks left is not enough time to make up classes. Monday is also the biggest day at the studio with the most kids, so it does take awhile for the classes to be made up. I am the only teacher at my studio, and I like it that way. My assistants are my older kids, and they are not old enough to be left at the studio to teach classes by themselves with so many kids in them, plus if something should happen or someone get hurt when I'm not there-that would just be a mess and not worth it.

I guess the attorney's office at our agency sets this meeting up, and the attorney who is doing the meeting is leaving next Tuesday and will be gone until the middle of June. Ya mean to tell me she didn't know before yesterday that she would be gone for almost 6 weeks-ya right!! The time they even set it for was ridiculous because we live an hour away from our agency, and Gary would have to leave work early to even get there in time. This attorney just set the day and time and had no consideration to the actual people who will be traveling. In this process of waiting and waiting, there have been few meetings that you look forward to, but, this one is one you DO look forward to. Then they don't consider everyone involved-BS!! I guess there are 3 couples (us included), that will be traveling together. We aren't the only couple that has a problem with this date and time. Another couple the husband is out of town on business and won't be back either. They've said that as long as one person from the couple is there that is fine-so NOT the point!! They also said we could set up a private meeting but have to pay $350.00 to do so-I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary called them yesterday and gave them a piece of his mind-I had to go to work. This situation is just UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our adoption agent said they had nothing to do with the time and day of the meeting, they had no control over it. I'm mad, and pissed off, and a lot of other things.

I can't believe I won't be able to meet the other parents traveling with us before the next time we meet- at the airport. I can't believe that these people-the attorney's and whoever don't take into consideration the people involved and their schedules. Not everyone has a 9-5 job, not everyone has someone that can cover for them. I may own my own business, but I am down to the wire on days left, and I need the Recital to look as good as usual-ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I don't know what we're going to do at this point. We'll see...

I am terribly irritable this week. We are still waiting on the LOA. It's been 3 weeks. I just want to go get our little girl. I am tired from not sleeping well lately-up at 2:00AM for over a week now. my mind is just too busy with all that there is to do, and won't shut off at night-typical!!

I know other people would say, "Well you're not going to get a lot sleep when she gets here-get used to it!"-I don't get a lot of sleep anyways!! That just chocks up there with a lot of the other things not to say to adoptive parents that have been waiting for over 3 years. It's right up there with, "It will be worth the wait"-really?!

I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I now have my Fridays (and Saturdays and Sundays) off due to no more Company rehearsals. Gary and I are having an M&M date this weekend for our anniversary on Tuesday (married 14 years on the 18th) M&M date=Mexican food at Moe's and the movies!!-Yippee & Yum!!

Trying to figure out what I want to do for Avery's 1st Birthday on the 28th of this month. Our little girl will be a year old in 15 days!! I'm not sure people will understand why I want to celebrate it without her here-but we need to do something!! A cake and gifts for her that we can open when she gets home. Maybe some chinese food and family who want to come. We'll do another one when she's here and do it up right!!

I am a bit overwhelmed at the to do lists right now, but on some of it, it is the unknown that has me up nights I think...

Me going to the travel meeting would have probably set my mind at ease a little but there's no chance of that now-whatever!!

There's my rant...

On the upside I got the sweetest note (and dancer mug) last night from one of my Junior dancers-so sweet and how she thinks of me as her 2nd Mom and it was just very special. Plus, another one of our Junior dancers got Gary, Avery, and myself the book, "I love you like Crazy Cakes"-so sweet also. Made my night so much better last night...

Would love to hear from some people, the blog has been quiet lately, need some words!!  :)

6 comments:

Hayley & Dan said...

How frustrating! Neither of you deserve that. Some people just don't understand that you can't contact someone a few days before and expect them to "drop everything" and come. Will Gary be going without you? That's not right either..this is something that you go through TOGETHER, not separately. Argh! I'm frustrated for you!

On a happier note...you SHOULD celebrate her 1st birthday. My mom and I were just talking the other day about a birthday present for her and some good ideas.

We love you two so much and if you need to vent, just let us know!

Love ya!

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Hayley!!

I am so frustrated over this. Gary is going to call the attorney today to try to set up another meeting-that we are not going to pay for because of their screw up back in March with all of the other stuff.

I don't want him to go by himself, but it looks like it might end up that way. We'll see...

Love you too!!

~Alli :)

Unknown said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. It is totally fine to not meet those families until you get to the airport though. Really! We didn't meet our travel mates until we were IN CHINA! And, we still really connected and enjoyed each other.

Definitely do something for her birthday! We got a cake for Lydia's birthday and did candles and sang to her. Got it all on video too. :)

She is so darn cute -- love looking at her picture!
Kelly

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Kelly!! I was waiting for your response to this. I don't mean to sound so angry, I'm just frustrated!!

I know we can meet the families during our trip, I'm not really worried about that I guess, I am just disappointed that I will not be able to attend. BUt if I can't go I will have 2 pages of questions for Gary to ask at the meeting. But our agency has not been great about things in the past 3 months. I will post at some point, about the first half of March and what went on.

Still trying to figure out how to put it on here. We will celebrate her birthday-definitely!!

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it so much!! Tomorrow is my first day off, and I plan on sending you an email with some questions.

Thanks,
Kelly!

We think she's pretty darn cute too!!

~Allison :)

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Ok, so our agency has people all over the country...and they do a meeting over the phone, not a big deal at all? Also, I went to our meeting and all they did was read the written material they gave in a packet...I could read it myself and call with questions. I say pull a no show to the meeting and tell them an emergency came up, then request the information by mail. Then ask for a $350.00 refund since you didn't require the meeting. Show them who's boss! GRRRRR. so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just need to let it out. Don't appologize for it, you are entitled. This is a lot to go through and when people make assumptions, ridiculous comments and careless mistakes it only compounds the emotional stress. Hang in there mama! ~Kristin