Saturday, May 15, 2010

Okay, so rant over...a little zen now.

So after about 40 emails sent and thinking abut this situation for a day and a half I have decided to go to the travel meeting. I knew that this is what would probably happen, but it just took a few hours to get there. I needed to vent to a few people, Gary, my Mom,and here on the blog, and on facebook. I knew in my heart of hearts that my parents and students would understand why I was canceling, and they do.

I sent out an email to all of my 40 dancers and parents that I teach on Mondays and explained the situation, and had them respond back after so I knew they got the email. The responses have been positive and overwhelming!!! They all understand as I really knew they would, but I'm a worrier, and can't help it.

I've created this job for myself with my husband, and we have the greatest dancers and parents in the world. They have all been through this journey with us for the past 3 years. All the ups and downs, the happy times and low times. So I always feel extreme guilt when canceling classes, even when I'm sick, and even when the weather in the middle of winter is horrible. I hate disappointing people. The other end of that is making up classes makes for a really hectic couple of weeks. Our lives right now are so hectic anyways and adding onto that just makes me cringe. But with the help of my assistants and parents being so understanding it looks like I will be going to the travel meeting.-HOORAY!!!

So thanks for listening to my rant. I guess it wasn't needed. But yet again our agency has screwed up. On the cover letter that went to the USCIS for our I-600 update, that states we  are now adopting a special needs baby, they must have copied and pasted from someone else's letter. The date says November 16, 2009 at the top (it is May 2010) , it has our names at the top, but in the paragraph that says we are adopting a special needs baby it has our daughter's name and 2 other people stated as the parents-not us...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!  Do people not proof read anymore?!  This isn't even the first time they have done this, it happened on another document and also in some emails. So it was not a stellar week for our agency this week. Gary wrote them an email, explaining that this reflects badly on their agency, and is just unacceptable. I would think with all the thigs they have done wrong with us, we are the one set of parents they would make extra sure they dot their i's and cross their t's-guess not!!

All in all, I'm going to the meeting with Gary, so I'm happy about that. We are having our M&M date tonight-Moe's and Movies. We are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and it's 13 days until Avery's b-day!! So there are the positives. Oh, and I slept a little better last night. Went to bed at 9:00, got up at 4:45-not bad!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!!  :) Have a good day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are going to the travel meeting.You do have awesome students and parents!!
You do have all of this stuff written down somewhere right? You are going to be able to right a book(just saying:)even if its to help other people understand what to look for as they go through the process:) Oh by the way loved loved loved the The Lost daughters of China.
Thinking of You and Gary all the time and praying this process continues to move forward quickly for you.
Love you guys
Liz

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Liz!! I'm glad I'm going too!! I am compiling my list of questions as we speak!! Tell Jess and Jodi that Aunt Alli and Uncle Gary say hello and we miss them!!

Talk to you soon!

~Alli :)