Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me!!

Okay so I know that's a little self centered but I have been waiting for my first official Mother's Day forever. Even though Avery isn't here with us yet, we are still parents, and I am a Mommy!!

Had a great day!! My husband surprised me with genuine jade earrings for my first Mother's Day-so great!! He is the best husband in the world! I got a couple cards in the mail this week from my Mom, and a cousin, and some friends. Our dance company gave me a Mother's Day card they all signed at the show last night! I received some beautiful flowers at the show last night and the cutest little lady bug pill box from one of my dancers also, very cute! Today on Mothers' Day also, I received a surprise bouquet of flowers from Hayley & Dan, cousins on Gary's side, and they were both dancers on our Company and Hayley was in our wedding, and was an assistant of mine at the studio for years. I guess the florist tried to drop them off yesterday but we had already left for the State Office Building for our show, so they dropped them off today at the house-so nice!! They are so thoughtful!

I made a lasagna dinner for my parents and brother, and Gary's parents for Mother's Day. It was nice to have both sets of parents together and just visit. We got our Mom's each a picture frame that says Grandma & Me, and some children's books that are about Grandmas, and some bamboo plants. It was all about Avery and the Grandmas.

I just got done going through and sort of putting away the goodies from last weeks baby shower. I was listening to the lullaby music Gary and I downloaded on her new panda player. The music is great, it's all instrumental, and all rock songs by U2, Coldplay, Rolling Stones, and others. They even had some Bob Marley!. Very soothing, and very cool!

It was a great day, but I am missing our girl. Cannot wait to go get her. Hoping for the LOA this week. If the 3's hold up it should be this week sometime. It is the start of the 3rd week waiting for it-fingers crossed!!

Hope you all had a fantastic Mother's Day!!

Avery we are coming soon to bring you home. Can't wait to hold you...our little lady bug!!

No comments: