Monday, May 3, 2010

What a lovely day...





We had our first baby shower on Saturday. Hosted by my cousin Heather and her sisters, Casie, Denise, Krystle, and Tiffani. It was so nice, and I was totally overwhelmed when we got there. I took one look at the cake that said, Congratulations Allison, Gary & Avery and lost it...and then a few moments later I lost it again, I was very emotional and totally overwhelmed, and happy, and every emotion I have had in the last 3 years all welled up at once, and I think a big feeling of relief was also a lot of it too!

The shower was the Scofield side and the Creighton side combined (my side). About 36 + people were there. Gary was there too as you can see in the pictures. He will be at every shower as he should, he is the Daddy. Who ever thought that baby showers were only for the Mother anyways? It is very special to share these experiences together.

It was so nice to see everyone and talk to everyone, and show off our girl. I enjoyed every minute of answering questions and explaining her special need, and just talking about her...our Avery. We are a proud set of parents and love to boast about our girl!!

There was good food, great conversations, family and friends. Our Sister in Law Liz, and our 2 nieces Jessica and Jodi from Indiana showed up on our front porch Friday morning as a surprise!! I was up and at 6:50AM someone knocked on our front porch door, and I had no idea they were coming! What a nice surprise! They made a quick trip (my brother Tom too) up for the shower. It was so nice to be able to have them here for such a special occasion!!

Here are some pictures from the shower. We were overwhelmed by the gifts, she has such a wardrobe now, blankets, and bibs, and such nice things. We appreciate everyones generosity so much!!  We even got her new wheels-the stroller!!!

So take a look at the pictures!!!

Thank you again Heather, Denise, Casie, Krystle,  & Tiffani!!





 

No comments: