Monday, June 29, 2009

Feelings lately...


So I guess my buzz from the review room has worn off a little bit... I can't believe my 3 weeks of vacation are over and I'm going back to work next Monday. At least it's short days next week, the first week is always the hardest right after the 4th of July, people are still trying to make up their minds what they are doing for the Summer, and some people are still away from the 4th. So it's actually really nice to not have really long days the first week.

Summer is always hard, time to myself which I am always yelling I don't get, and then I get it and don't know how to relax enough sometimes to enjoy it. I have a ton of stuff I want to get done this week, and now the weather is going to be crappy, and may impede on what I want to do. I did get the garden around the tree done yesterday, and the other garden weeded and mulched, and plants transplanted yesterday, so yesterday was a good day. I am going to do the barrel next to the mailbox today and then to Joann Fabrics to pick out fabric to send to a fellow blogger for her daughters quilt-excited about this!

I plan on sending out notices via email for the last of the quilt squares for our quilt, this week. I'm not sure people know they can still send fabric or not, but we've added a few names also. My blogger friend is also going to send fabric for Avery's quilt.

Got all of her quilt squares out last week that we've received so far. We have 92 so far, and will definitely be over 100 for her quilt, so that's really good.

Been noticing a lot of things lately...people mostly.

I've noticed how they act, how they respond, and have seen what's important to them, versus what's important to us. It's funny how different people are...I guess that's a good thing, we wouldn't all want to be the same.

I guess in some instances you get what you give, and no matter how much you think you give it doesn't seem to be enough. It's funny how you can live close to someone and not really know much about them, or assume that you do, but be completely wrong. I don't know these are just ramblings in my head. When people make me mad, or frustrate me, it comes out on this blog. Gary asked me other day, so is this blog just about us now...I said no, but this is our lives and what's going on during this journey it's nothing different than what I've blogged about before. I can't write in a journal, I feel idiotic, and I'm a computer person anyway. I like email over the phone, facebook, and all of that stuff. People say I'm too quiet and hard to read...so read this and you'll know how I feel, and what's going through my head.

I feel like people lately don't want to hear about any progress unless it's the referral. You say progress, and they think, do you have her? I guess I can understand that. Probably sick and tired of us droning on how long the wait is, and has been, and what's left for the wait.

Maybe I'm just stir crazy here at home, because I'm not working. Maybe...if I was working I'd complain I was working...never satisfied. Wish I had the whole Summer off though. Will do when we have Avery...can't wait.

So there's my droning for today...
~Alli

2 comments:

KatieKatie said...

You need to get happy lady!! Things are going so well and it's so good, don't let it wear off, you deserve it!

I need to see you soon- like tomorrow!!

Love you very very much!

Gary and Allison said...

Love you Katie!!:)