Friday, June 12, 2009

Putting this in the blogishere...

Okay, so I have an old "friend" that I speak to not very much, and don't see ever but I get these random emails from. The last time it was totally out of the blue, and I was blamed for things going wrong in her life, and a whole bunch of other things. I hadn't talked to this person in a couple years, and I only get an email when something is wrong, or she decides to yell and blame me for something. Granted I don't talk to her and don't see her but still get blamed for all of the random stuff that happens in her life. She is one of my former students and I helped her through rough times with her family, and career, and college, and everything else when she was around here. But she moved away, and then dropped out of sight for a really long time, and then stays in touch when things are rough or she is having a tough time. I don't mind helping with the advice but I'm not going to be blamed for her life situations either. I also will not compete with her in her life.

In the last set of emails I received which were out of the blue, she said a lot of things that were very hurtful, and inappropriate and false, and mean. I didn't know where any of this was coming from I hadn't heard from her in at least 3 months prior. A lot of us not having a family, and lies, and a lot of very hurtful things were said on her end...so I did retaliate, and was extremely ready to let her go out of my (our) life. But then she apologized, and I let it go...wrong thing to do. Because now it's been 2 months and I'm really mad, and hurt still, and really don't want anything to do with her or her family now. She said too much, and she should have taken her life problems out on the people that actually were the problem...not me.

So now, we keep getting emails from her about her wedding, we're not invited, which is fine I wouldn't go anyway, I couldn't go with a happy heart. She did ask Gary if he would dj their wedding because their dj has backed out now 3 weeks before the wedding-what nerve!? Today I got another email like we're best friends-WHAT DO YOU DO??

I really am mad and hurt by this individual, and really just want to cut them out of my life until maybe she grows up a little more. I hope she finds what she is looking for in life but it will have to be without me in her life. Is that mean? I think it's just being truthful, and the relationship is toxic so why hold on to it -right?

I am trying to get all of the negative people and all of the negativity out of my life. We have enough going on with the adoption waiting, and everything else we are involved with. I just don't want to have to deal with these kind of people. I know that I have to, but doesn't there come a point with some of them you just say-ENOUGH!!...I think yes!!

Okay so there it goes out into the blogisphere...my venting and way of dealing right now.
~Alli

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli,

Stay true to your New Year's Resolution. If it is not working for you, then you need to end it. You won't need this when Avery finally gets here. A true friend would not treat anyone like that. Tell Gary I love the new site. Our best to you both.

Love, Heather & Don

Gary and Allison said...

I agree!! If it's not going to be good for us, that particular individual needs to go!!

Thanks Heather, and I'll tell Gary about the layout!!! He's amazing!!

~Alli

Unknown said...

I say, time to let go...

Hayley said...

Not worth it...

Gary and Allison said...

I agree Sarah & Hayley...totally not worth it!!

Love yas!
~Alli