Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank you Christa, Kara & Lucas...& other things...


We received another 3 quilt squares yesterday from our friends who just got back from Ethiopia 2 weeks ago with their son Lucas. We are so happy to have them be a part of the quilt. Christa has been a God send to me this year for having someone I know going through this adoption process and being someone in our life that just "gets" it. So thank you to Christa and her family for contributing to Avery's quilt and we loved seeing Lucas for a few minutes yesterday. He is such a lovely little boy, he must be a lot of fun, and keep you all on your toes..what fun!! Thank you for the kind words also on her scrapbook page!!

To anybody else that would like to contribute to the quilt please feel free. Gary & I are going to Indiana this weekend and I am taking the quilt squares and our pattern and hoping to meet up with my Aunt Julie possibly and also my cousins to talk about the quilt and how to proceed. We are also going to talk with my Aunt Joyce around here who is also a fabulous quilt maker and get her input as well on how to proceed.

I'm anxious to get started and anxious to look at all the quilt pieces laid out together. I have lost count on how many we have now. I will snap a picture of all the pieces together and post it this week.

Well, this is the first official week of my vacation. I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done around the house, but ,ore importantly I'm hoping to relax and enjoy it more than anything. I am not good at vacation or time down, because I'm always gearing up for the next event we have. So, wish me luck in relaxing and enjoying being home!!!

If you are in town, stop by for a visit!!

Love to all,
~Alli:)

No comments: