Monday, July 19, 2010

Gotcha! Day

July 19, 2010-Today was Avery Day!!

I am going to post out of order because I want this post to go up on her Gotcha! Day not the day after. So I'll blog about or trip over tomorrow or at some point. I wrote it down in a journal so I'll just copy it from there when I get a chance.

Today was the most amazing day we have ever experienced, a lot of emotions and one of the cutest little girls you have ever seen.

We did get some sleep the night before about 4-5 hours worth, not bad, we needed a little rest to be able to get through today so it was good that we were able to rest a little. We woke up at 4:00AM, but really got up about 6:00ish to get ready to go have some breakfast and then wait until it was time to go get Avery. We had to convert our money for tomorrows meetings today so we got that done also in the time we had to wait. The waiting was horrible. I was nervous, and excited, and nervous, and so was Gary. We both had nervous stomachs, we didn't know what to expect, or long it would take, we wanted Avery to like us, and have her have a smooth transition, as smooth as it could be.

Our driver was late he was stuck in traffic, so the waiting just continued for a little longer. It was only about 15minutes to the Civil Affairs Office once we left the hotel. We got in the door to the building with "Smile", our guide and he took us over to the sign on the will in the main lobby. He showed us what was on each floor of the building and guess what floor the adoptions civil affairs office was on...3rd floor-REALLY!! Those 3's keep them coming!! We smiled, and took a deep breath and got in the elevator. The door opened and we walked through the door, another couple was there with there son, and as soon as our guide went through the door another man looked at us and he had Avery with him sitting down. We couldn't believe it, there she was, so beautiful, and just the most perfect little girl in the world. I walked in and put my bags down and started crying, and talking to her from across the table, and so did Gary. That didn't last long as our guide said, "Oh, must do paperwork first"-really? So we had to sit a few chairs down from her and sign our name and fill out the form and then we turned to her and started talking to her, and smiling. She didn't know what to think of us at first, and when the man that had her, he was he director of her orphanage tried walking her over to us, she started to whimper, but then she came right to me and I got a big hug!! The best feeling in the world, no words to describe it!!

She didn't cry when we had her there in chair and was fooling with her. She was playing with her panda, and the baby doll we had brought. She looked around and pointed, and a little giggle for her Daddy a couple of times. We were able to ask our questions, some got lost in translation, but we got her feeding and sleeping schedule, the 2 most important. We asked her likes and dislikes, and the director says she doesn't like men, an odd thing, who knows why. So I held her, and she did fine with Gary also. I had her on the car ride, and when we were shopping. She goes to Gary, but if I'm right there she whimpers for me, just a minute, she'll warm up fast I'm sure. She slept on Gary's shoulder tonight a little when he was at the computer. She has done really well today, a happy baby!!

She is just perfect!!! Her arm looks great if you didn't know you wouldn't know. She does have some bug bites, and things on her body, we'll describe at a later date. But she doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. She was very comical at dinner tonight, and ate as Gary says, "Like a truck driver". She had a steamed bun, and squash, and a little rice, and a little bit of steamed egg dish. She absolutely loved the squash, and the steamed bun. We got her some cookies earlier, and she has 4 little toothers. She was chomping away on her cookie earlier, and would take a bite and then put it to my mouth so I could take a bite-so cute!!

It has been quite a day, a range of every emotion possible. We are finally parents, and what a feeling!! Dreams do come true!!

I will elaborate later, but am tired and Avery is sleeping soundly in her crib!!

Talk to you all soon!! Enjoy the pics from today!!

~Allison & Gary:)

18 comments:

Christa Bertram said...

As I wipe away the tears and try to get rid of my goose bumps there is just one thing we want to say.... "Congratulations Newton FAMILY." Sleep tight and have a wonderful trip exploring your daughter's home country.
Sweet Bleesings and safe travels.
:)We love the picture of mama and Avery (We love all of them).
:) Christa & Kara

Meg said...

Gary and Alli-
I am over the moon happy for you! A tear of joy and happiness came to my eye when i opened your blog today and saw little Avery with her Mommy and Daddy. I am SOOO happy for you both.
Safe Travels
Megan

Unknown said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Honestly started crying when i saw the pictures of the three of you and of her sleeping... too much! Hope you're time with her goes as smoothly as the first transition. Can't wait to hear more updates!!

sweet talker said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. I was up late late last night and was thinking of you guys, praying for you. I am glad to hear it went so well. Love Ya! Katherine

Auntie Katie said...

I cannot believe it!! There are so many happy tears streaming down my face right now... She is beautiful and you look perfect together! I have been super anxious to read this and see pictures and there they are!! I love all the 3's and guess what? That's your number now! It sounds like things are going great and I'm just so happy
I can't contain myself...I can't even think right now so I'll probably post again later and hopefully
it'll be more eloquent.

Love,love,love you three!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Congrats! She's gorgeous and perfect and just the sweetest little angel!
Kelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Ali- the one of you & Avery in black & white is priceless!!! Congratulations!! Sounds like you're off to a great start :)!!! Safe travels.
Kristan

Jenny Watkins said...

Congratulations! I have tears of joy for you all! It is the most amazing feeling when you finally hold her in your arms...she is forever yours! God is great! She is beautiful, I can't wait to meet her!

Mark Nelson said...

The Pics are incredible, Gary you look like a natural. Happy for you guys, its a great feeling when you can look at the little person and they look back and you can see that you are their whole world.
Congrats again,
Mark Nelson

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just keep looking at the pictures. They are absolutely beautiful. My favorite is the one of Ali and Avery...you slipped right into that mother/daughter picture perfectly!! These are great memories in the making. So happy for all 3 of you. God Bless! Hope the rest of the trip goes well along with the continued transition for Avery. -Erin Mayne

Anonymous said...

Words can not express how happy I am for you all that you finally have each other! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!

Angie :)

Anonymous said...

OMG- I kept thinking about you all day- couldn't wait to check the blog. Your waiting emotions sound very similar like Chris and I before my C-section for Jenna. To finally be a parent is absolutely the best thing in the world I am bursting with happiness for all three of you. You are family of 3--Hooray!!
Love Ya all,
Kelly, Chris, and Jenna

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so awesome! I cried when I saw them, especially the black and white one of Alli and Avery sleeping! God knew you two were the right parents for Avery...you look so natural, just like you have had her since birth! I wish we lived closer so that we could be there when you return! We love you and miss you! Love, Aunt Cathy and Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie!!! Dreams do come true. Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Allison, Gary and Avery,
CONGRATULATIONS! Your expressions say it all. Avery is beautiful. I got weepy looking at her photos and reading your blog. We can't wait to meet her and welcome her to the family.. Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Avery is beautiful and the delight, pride and happiness is very visible in your pictures and it looks good on the two of you.

Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

All I can say is.....beautiful. I am so elated for the two of you. She is so....perfect. Your journey is one of the most heart filling and I am just................so happy for you.

Welcome Avery!


<3 Ash

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe it. Truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. What an angel! ~Kristin