Friday, July 2, 2010

The countdown continues...and some fun things...


We are now 2 weeks away from going to get our little girl!! So excited!!

Remember when I said my charm from China arrived last week, here is a picture of it. It is Averys Chinese name in the chinese characters, Niu Xuan. It means "little girl that is very dear to the mom".
It is beautiful and I've worn it everyday since receiving it. That's why it's taken me this long to get a picture of it up here. Thank you to Kelly for helping me order this. The company is called Jiayin Designs. I love it!!!

Also, today in the mail we received the cutest little onesie from a high school friend. We, Gary and myself have re-connected with her through facebook. I used to cheerlead with Jessica in high school. It was so nice of her to send this for Avery. Thank you Jessica, it is so darn sweet!!! We can't wait to put Avery in it!! It is just perfect!!

Well, we ordered our plane tickets today. Which came to $1200.00 more than we anticipated. We even figured on the high end and it was still that much more-WOW!! But it's done, and we ae that much closer to Avery and China. We will be flying from Syracuse to Washington, Washington to Beijing, Beijing to Changsha. We will most likely do all our Provincial paperwork (for the first 5 days probably) there. Then from Changsha to Guangzhou. We don't have all of our in-country appointments yet, we should get that itinerary next week, or the week we leave. But we leave on the 17th, arrive in Changsha on the 18th, and get Avery on the 19th!!! Hello instant family!!!  WOW, we really can't believe we are here already... unfathomable!! You can't slap the smiles off our faces we are so happy.

 I couldn't sleep last night, excited and a little nervous I think. I got out all the parenting books and started reading them all. The only thing I am a little nervous about is her running a fever and her getting really sick when we first get her. Being first time parents!!

The crying, the diaper changing, the feeding, I am all good to get through that and get the rhythm but the sickness factor makes me nervous. I am going to get a hold of our pediatrician and get her recommendations for Avery's age, and what to look for, and be concerned over. Being first time parents I'm sure we'll be concerned over everything!! But so totally looking forward to it!! Looking forward to the smiles, and the looks, and the babbling, and the playing, and the rocking, and the snuggling, and the cuddling, and the family time, and being the Mommy, and Gary being the Daddy!!


So, I'm off to figure out her clothes to pack, and see what we think we are going to pack...

The picture above is of the charm and to the left the cute onesie!!

The countdown continues!!









Avery,
 MaMa & BaBa are coming !!! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if EVER (even at 3am) have any sick baby questions - seriously? Even if it's just something simple and you don't want to call Dr O don't hesitate to call. AND.....always trust your instincts! You will know Avery better than ANYONE - including her doctors. If something's not right - it's not right. You don't know how many babies I've seen in the ICU that have survived because Mom "knew" there was something wrong. -Kristin