Monday, September 28, 2009

Avery's Lifebook...finally I have started it!


So on Saturday night I started Avery's Lifebook. I have been collecting things for the past 2 years and have been putting it off for awhile, but decided to start it...finally.

I found myself lately writing in one of my journals, writing down ideas for pages for her book. I couldn't do this before, I just wasn't ready, but I guess I am ready now since it just seemed right. I have never been a journal writing person. I have tried many times, but it never felt right, and I would quit after 2 days. The blog thing I like a lot, I like the comments and the support, and feeling like I really do get it all out, whether that's good or bad. I have though lately been picking up the journal to organize my thoughts for her book, I think I just needed to wait until I was ready.

I have a lifebook writing guide. I've read parts of it but I think I will put it together the way I think it should be put together. What I did find though is I am very thoughtful on how the pages should look. This is not me, usually when I do scrapbooks I put everything in front of me and just go to work. But I found myself on Saturday really trying different things before deciding, and not wanting to commit to something on a page until I really thought it was right. I think I know that this is for her, and will introduce her to her life here, and her family, and about the country she came from etc. So, I am being very mindful of how all of that goes together.

I only have 2 pages done. The introductory page, and the letter from Mommy & Daddy.

I also sat down trying to put together a timeline for our adoption process. Looking through documents, and the 2 folders we have full of pages from the adoption agency and such. I wanted to use the blog, because I knew it would give me actual dates, but the internet was down most of Saturday so I sifted through the papers. A lot of stuff has happened, and there is still a lot of stuff left to do. It kinda put the stuff that is left to do into perspective for me again...needed that!

So I will keep everyone updated on my progress on her book. Another thing started-YAY!! I wish to get more of her nursery done...we'll see. Fingers crossed!!

The Mid Autumn Moon Festival starts this week. I have ordered some authentic mooncakes from a bakery in NYC for us this year. We have never had them, and I am anxious to try them. We may not like them but we need to try. This hopefully will be a tradition we will do with her when she is here. In 2 weeks we are going to NYC for the weekend. Our annual trip for my business. Looking forward to go to Chinatown and the Pearl River Market. I actually have a list of things to look for this time. Also, going to visit some friends that live there also-GOODTIMES!!

I am always wanting comments or just a hey, so remember to leave a comment!!

Love to all,
~Alli

No comments: