Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long weekend...


We had a great Memorial Day weekend. We both had Friday through Monday off, and got a lot of things done around the outside of the house. When we moved in here 10 years ago there was a pond out back, and a waterfall area out front on the side of the house. It was fun the first couple of years, we had fish in the ponds, and they were pretty, but as our lives have gotten busier we just don't have the time for the upkeep of them anymore. So, we have begun filling in the pond out back, and Gary made me a tiered flower bed out of the area on the side of the house-love it!! We also thought that with Avery coming we didn't want a pond right out back or anywhere in direct contact with the house for safety reasons. We did some mulching, and a lot of weeding in the gardens, and some planting in the gardens.

We also went kayaking, and for a 15 mile bike ride together, and cooked at home all weekend. We didn't really get to the city at all, I went for an hour to get some groceries, and that was it. So, a good 4 day weekend just around the house.

Now it's crunch time for the Recital, it's in 2 weeks. We have a wedding in Lake Placid this weekend, and then the next weekend will be dress rehearsals and then the Recital. I am looking forward to some time off-finally. I need some time away from the studio, and some time away from dancing for a few weeks. This job of mine feels somedays like it's all I do, we do, I love it and I love my kids, but I would love to have a whole Summer off at some point. I guess when we have Avery I'll have a better excuse to take more time off. I always feel guilty when I'm not being productive in some way.

We are doing good with our weight loss, Gary has lost over 45 pounds, and I over 32 pounds. I need to lose 50 to feel the way I want and then I'll work on another 15-20 from there.

The NCAA is seeming to be behind a month now on review room and placements. I knew this would happen, but really want to hear next month that we have made it into the review room, or through the review room. Need some good news on the adoption front. Any little bit will do.

Had an interesting run in with a person over the weekend. Gary & I know that this process is taking a long time, but people that don't understand International adoption shouldn't assume and shouldn't act like they do know. It just frustrates the rest of us. Unless you're living it, you don't know. I know that sounds harsh, but believe me the ups and downs of this process are so steep that we don't need pity, and we don't need people to tell us how long this is taking. Almost 23 months so far...we know, believe me we know. I had to end the conversation (in a nice way). Just at some points I get frustrated, and it's just easier to end the conversation with, "Take care and it was good to see ya", and then walk away. It's not worth it, to try to explain, and it's just not worth it to explain to some people why we aren't doing domestic adoption right now. There is a BIG difference between the two. Oh well...comes with the territory.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend!:)

~Love to all~
~Alli

2 comments:

KatieKatie said...

So good to see that you had a great weekend, you need it especially with the next few weeks that will be crazy.

Love you so much and can't wait for SYTYCD nights and just seeing you more often, I miss you both!

Gary and Allison said...

We miss you too!!!!!!