Sunday, May 3, 2009

22 months today!


So today it is officially 22 months. 22 months since our LID, so by 24 we will be in the review room...finally!! Then the countdown begins from 12 months. The latest families that have gotten their children waited 34 months from their LID, so we are right on track. A long track, but on track none the less...

When I get done with the Recital I will be starting the quilt. I have cleaned the one room upstairs, so we can start to take stuff out of Avery's room, and put it somewhere else. Also in June we will start painting her room, and the renovation. We have a lot of things to be done around the house this Summer. Things like a new deck, fix the ceiling in the "sun room", new windows, fix the exterior of the house, finish little projects that are staring us in the face still. Start and finish Avery's room, the new bathroom upstairs, paint the other livingroom, the hallway upstairs, and re-do our bedroom.

Not a long list at all...yeah, right?! All in good time...

I am loving having my Fridays and weekends off, no more long rehearsals every Friday night, or Saturday mornings, love my kids, but it's time for some time off. I will have 3 day weekends from here on out until the Fall lessons start. I don't teach on my Fridays during the Summer either. Gary got a promotion at work-YAY!!! He will actually be taking over Ron's job, when he retires in June. We are all very proud of Gary for his new job!!

I can't believe it's been 22 months, but yet I can. It seems to move quickly, and yet it doesn't. But once at 24 months I think I might be able to breathe easier, and I actually seem excited lately at the prospect of getting into the review room. Another 12 months is long, but we've done 22 so far so what's another 10-12.

My Mom & Dad just celebrated their 45th Wedding Anniversary yesterday, we took them out to dinner. Gary and I will celebrate our 13th Wedding Anniversary this month on the 18th, but we've been together for 20 years...long time but very, very, good times!!! So by our 14th Wedding Anniversary we should have a little girl...a little girl named Avery Lin Newton.

Hope you have a great day!!
Love,
~Alli

2 comments:

KatieKatie said...

Yay! Everything sounds exciting and congratulations on the new job and having weekends off!

Miss and love you!!

Christa Bertram said...

Happy 22 months!!!! Two very short months until you should be in the review room....that is so exciting.
I enjoyed our talk the other day. It's great to have someone who can really understands how this feels.
:)