Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update...


The latest update from our adoption agency is, that they are through with March, and should be into April. The people that are just leaving to go get their children waited 35 months. That's about right. We are still hoping to get into the review room here shortly...longly... whatever you prefer. We're coming up on 21 months. By the time I'm done with all my shows it will be 2 years of waiting, with probably 10 months left after that.

Gonna have to find some more hobbies to keep me pre-occupied. On a positive note, Spring is finally here, and I've lost 21 pounds, and Gary has lost 27 pounds. You can see Gary's weight loss more than you can see mine. But I'm still plugging away at it. Hoping with some good weather, we can get outside for some walks, and bike riding...peace and quiet.

Keep us in your thoughts.

Love to all,
~Alli

5 comments:

Christa Bertram said...

I disagree, you totaly can see your weight loss even more than Gary's (sorry Gar).
I think when your dossier is in "the room" we should go out to celebrate. When the wait is this long you need to celebrate every little accomplishment.
Good luck!!

Gary and Allison said...

I agree we should celebrate when you get your court date, and then when we get our dossier in the review room. You're right every little part of this process need to be celebrated!!!

Thanks so much Christa!!!
~Alli

Thanks for the notice of my weight loss, it's so frustrating sometimes, not as much as the adoption but still...frustrating.

Christa Bertram said...

It's time for the first celebration!!!! Our court date is April 30th.
:)

Kelly said...

Allison,
I am sorry, I have been out of touch I have included you in my prayers I was always been wary of blogs, so I had not been on here before after seeing your face book page I felt a urge to look. I can't say I I know how frustrated are I can only imagine. I have kept you in my prayers all these years and even more the past 21 months. After my miscarriage it was 4 years until Jenna and now people ask about another, I just say what I said before she was born, a child is a gift to their parents and if we have another gift it would celebrated if not, we will just enjoy Jenna. (I did just turn 40) Your child IS coming, the adoption will go though and you should celebrate every milestone getting there. You have always been a good and caring person even as a child. I know we have not ever been super close, you were more quiet, and me not so much. Just for the record when it comes to caring about your students and being there for them you always will be and truth mixed with kindness is how we were brought up and it is good for them.(I get some grief about it too) False compliments and harshness are not what children or people need they need honesty and kindness.
Well I love ya.
Kelly your cousin
I hope I said everything okay.

Gary and Allison said...

Thank you Kelly!!!

I love the fact we can keep in touch through facebook, and Jenna is adorable!!! Thank you for the comment, you said everything great!!!

Thank you for the support!!
Love ya,
~Allison