Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy 20 months!!!!


WOW!!!

20 months...we really should have had her by now, or at the very least be on our way to China within the next month. But things change and always for some reason or other. The typical wait time now is 34 months, so hopefully we'll get our dossier into the review room here shortly and count down.

I think we're feeling pretty okay about the adoption lately. I have times where when watching a tv show, or a movie, or even some of these commercials that are on tv now and I want to yell at the screen, but I think that's typical, going through this process. I don't think I could go to a baby shower yet though, and I know that sounds "not right" but that's just where I am still. People will just have to understand that. I am happy for friends and family, just can't be in a situation about babies right yet. And I find myself getting really angry when I find out that some teenager in highschool, or some other young teen is pregnant, and doesn't know who the father is, or some other circumstance that makes me wonder, why them?, why not us, how is that even right?

But then I remind myself that that does no good, and think about our Avery wherever she is...and I smile...and all hope is restored.

This adoption has been such a rollercoaster of emotions, and still is. You get some people who look at you with such pity, and others who give you the look like, "You knew it was going to be this long...", and some others who won't even ask or talk about it. I find myself sometimes just staying home, and not being in public because I need the quiet, but other times it would be nice to be able to share my thoughts...so I write them here. Aren't you lucky?!

So, Happy 20 months to us!!! We've done 20 so another 12-14 seems like a piece of cake, right?...maybe?!

Can't wait to meet you Avery!!!

Love,
~Mommy & Daddy (MaMa & BaBa)


~Love to everyone!!

21 here we come!!!

No comments: