Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Being Swept Away...


I am in the process of putting together a dance about adoption. I am going to perform it with my senior girls. The song is called, "Swept Away". It's by Geoff Moore. His family has adopted 2 daughters from China. The words are really meaningful, the first verse and chorus goes like this,

We would say your name 100 times a day
Like speaking words in Faith
With a mixture of hope, and fear and trust
We prayed for strength to wait
And dreamed of how we'd feel that day
You'd be in our arms

Swept Away
Caught up in our love
Home to stay
You'll never be alone
You'll be amazed at how much you are loved
Life will never be the same...when you're swept away...

The seniors and I listened to it yesterday and everyone was in tears...myself included. The seniors wanted me to dance with them and I wasn't sure if I was going to but they wanted to do this song with me. It will be something that I will treasure always with these girls. They have been some of my most favorite people and people who are so excited about Gary & I adopting. These are the students that call Gary & I Mama & Papa Bear. So to be able to perform this very special dance with them and be able to express all of our(Gary & myself) emotions about this process of adoption through dance is a blessing and so needed. The music is something I've had since Christmas, but I actually found the song last year when we were going through all the paperwork. The words are so powerful and meaningful, and ring so true.

So, I am really proud of this dance, and actually of this entire show. I have had so many emotions the last year that I have put them all in this show. Frustrations, happiness, silliness, feeling like you're going out of your mind, sadness, inspired, and anxiousness, depressed, hope...EVERYTHING!!!

I hope all family & friends will be at the show to see this number. We are going to incorporate the "red thread" poem into it also through color and fabrics. Hope you can be there to see it!!!

We are almost at double digits...4 days and we will be-FINALLY...HALLELUJAH!!!!

Love to all & hope to see you at the show!!!

~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know when the show is because I definitely want to be there! I too was in tears after reading the lyrics to the song-BEAUTIFUL!!! Avery is so blessed to have two parents that are so involved with her life. If you get a chance I would love to see pictures of the nursery when you are all done with it (I am not sure if you already are!) Much love, Kate

Gary and Allison said...

The show is May 9th & May 10th at 7:00Pm at the State Office Building.