Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We're home from Boston...


We had a great time in Boston. Gary had training and I kinda chilled out for 2 days. I did a couple pages for Avery's scrapbook, was wanting to do some costume shopping...not much luck there, but we had a good time.

We went to Faneuil Marketplace, and the Aquarium. Actually saw someone we knew at the aquarium. We were at the top of the big tank on our way down and one of my little ballerinas was there with her brother, Mom and Garndma. Lydia was surprised to see me, all of my students think I live at the dance studio and never come out, so it confuses them when they see Miss Allison in the real world. We were so surprised that we saw someone we knew...go figure.

I got Avery a really cute zip up sweatshirt, with ladybugs on it-24 months so she'll have to grow into it. There is a tiny tiny ladybug crawling on the keyboard while I am writing this. She has a lot of spots and is a really deep, deep red. I also got a lady bug finger puppet at the aquarium, and a lady bug garden flag. Lady bugs, lady bugs, lady bugs!!!!

I am way busier than I should be right now. I have a show in 19 days, and still have 8 dances to teach for it. I am living at the dance studio right now...it's typical this time of year. I am exhausted and stressed to the max, that's also typical. I can't wait for Summer and a little time off. I've also decide I'm not taking as many students at the studio next year. This has been a tough year with kids, we have those every once in awhile, I call them transition years. But, I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it to sure be able to pay the bills and have a little extra but I don't want my work to feel so much like work all the time, I don't want to lose that love for what I do. So I am going to yet again re-arrange the studio next year and really get it to the way I want it. Lately it's not as much fun as it used to be. I know a lot of that is that kids are different today. I understand that...but I want to feel happy at my job, not so stressed. So a change needs to happen.

April has gone fast, we are almost at a year...now only about 1 more to go, cross your fingers!!!!

It has gone fast but also slow. I'm wondering if the Summer will feel like a lifetime, because I'm not as busy, and really don't want to be either. The Olympics should be fun to watch since they are in China this year, hopefully everybody will think of us and our daughter during that time and send some good thoughts and fortunes our way.

I guess that's all for now.

Thanks to those of you who respond back to me, I totally appreciate it!!

~Alli

1 comment:

heather said...

Alli & Gary,

We have gone to the aquarium many times, and love it. We have taken all the kids there (2 to 3 at a time) It changes often. We plan on doing a whale watch in summer/fall.

We have a lot of lady bugs in the house this year. Everytime I see one I say a prayer for you two and Avery.

Love, Heather