Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Avery's Quilt...



So, I'm wondering about our families and friends. We would like to receive more quilt squares so I can actually look at all the pieces and start to figure out a configuration of the material. But...we are still waiting on people. I have tossed and turned with the decision of sending out another notice. I thought I would because some people thought they couldn't send their square because it was past the deadline we put on the first invitation. But if we didn't put a date we never would have started to receive any squares. We have over 70 wishes and more squares than that. There are some more we need to post that we haven't yet. I can't believe that some people wouldn't want to do this for us. Especially family. It is important for us to have our families involved in this process. I think some people just figure that it's a long ways off yet so no hurry. It will be important for Avery to feel that all of her family and our friends were involved. So I have the next notice done, and I'm going to send it out...some people will probably get mad or be disturbed about it, but honestly this tradition means a lot to us and we know we have at least 100 people that are looking forward to her arrival, and this is part of our support system during this wait time.

So if you want to support us, send your square. If you've sent 1 and want to send another please do!!!!!

So when we are back from Boston, I'm going to send out the new notices to the people we haven't heard from, and also to some new people who have shown interest in wanting to be a part of this process.


Love to all,
~Alli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you need more quilt squares or more scrapbook pages? Or both? I'm also looking at some books for Avery..especially with my scholastic points...are there specific ones that you have already bought for her?

-Hayley

Gary and Allison said...

Hey Hayley~

We definitely are encouraging people to do another square.

We have a collection started for Avery, and I can let you know what's in it. Sarah also got her some books.

She has a big wardrobe started and a bedtime story collection started.

Take care & hope to see ya soon!!!
~Alli

Anonymous said...

Alli~
I can almost hear your frustration. I would like to get her another square. Is that possible? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Angie (Hudnall)
ghudnub@msn.com

Gary and Allison said...

Sure Angie!!!

We would love for you to do another square.

Thanks!!
~Alli & Gary