Friday, April 11, 2008

Ladybugs are popular...


I was out costume shopping today for my 3 dance companies. I went to Syracuse because I'm on vacation right now for Spring Break so I went there to see if I could find anything. Didn't find anything for the companies but I did for Avery, of course.

Ladybugs seem to be popular, again. I got her a sun hat with ladybugs on it, and 2 pairs of fancy socks that have ladybugs on them. I couldn't resist...I resisted the Ladybug dress because it was a specifically Summer dress and we aren't quite sure which season we will have her for when. But, as I was in Gymboree, there was a couple there with their Asian daughter she looked about 7-8 months old. The Mom actually looked familiar to me. We've been to some functions through our adoption agency and she looked like one of the waiting Moms back at the Chinese New Year party we went to in January, we sat across the table from 2 women, and one of the father's was there.I didn't recognize the Father in the store today. They were so worn down and frustrated back then at the party. I'm not sure if it was her or not, and it's hard to ask a complete stranger about their Chinese daughter, some people take offense. You could tell they just arrived back from China because they weren't sure what size would fit her, and the Grandmother was precious saying all sorts of things to her new grandchild, giggling and playing...it warmed my heart. The little girl was beautiful and happy. I hope it was them and if so I'm glad their wait is over. We just got news yesterday that a family from our adoption agency got back recently with their daughter. That's also what made me think it might be them. I guess I need to get more nerve to be able to ask these people questions. But I hung around in the shop to listen in...I'm not a stalker, just curious.

In my travels today at JC Penney I came across a sign in the baby department that read, "No matter how Motherhood happens...it's a miracle." I liked that a lot-didn't buy it-yet, but I liked that saying.

In Borders the first book as you walked into the children's department was a new book on a display and the title was, "Little Miss Ladybug". It was about a little girl who likes to dress up as a ladybug. Didn't buy that either, yet.

There are more and more signs everywhere, everyday. Everywhere I go and everywhere I look.

I hope they keep coming because it keeps me sane.

Love to all~
~Alli

No comments: