Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's today's date?

Yes,
It is the 3rd of the month AGAIN!!!!! Happy LIDversary to us yet again. I'm not sure they are so happy anymore, but I think they are getting better. 31 months ago our dossier was entered into the big piles of dossiers in China-31 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-ARGH!!

I have no more updates right now except that we have received 2 more quilt squares from people we invited to take part last week. They got them done really fast. One is from a friend of ours, Robin Starling(Castleman) and her family. Gary went to school with her. The other is from my cousin Mark and his wife Lisa's family from Indiana. They look great and actually kinda have the same color schemes. They arrived in the mail on the same day too! You forget how exciting it is to get those in the mail when it has been so long.

Mom and I are going to start assembling the squares over February Break. I bet we get a lot done too!!

We are still waiting on our packet from New Life. We have our shots next week, and that's where we are...still all good though.

I want to get this going so we will have privileges to the lists!!!

The CCAA did have an update but they have only gotten through 2 more days in April 2006. I had heard in gossips, and online that April 2006 was a huge dossier month and it could take a full year to get through it...really?

Also, we did get an email from our adoption agent and finally you are hearing what's been whispered for so long. Anyone that puts in a dossier to China now will wait at LEAST 4 years, possibly longer. Finally they said it...we knew it and they finally said it.

Our new and exciting journey to Avery continues...although we knew this all along was going to be our path to her. We can go back and count the number of signs along the way, and now we know we are headed in the right direction.

Love to all~
~Alli :)

PS~
I know a lot of you read the blog because you tell me you do. Please leave a hello or something when you do. You have no idea when you're in this process how much a hello or small note to us makes a huge difference in our day!!  :)  Thanks!!

7 comments:

Jenny Watkins said...

WOW,31 months!!! That is so crazy, I don't know how you do it. It was great to see and talk to you last night:) You guys are always in my prayers. Give me a call if you ever want to talk!

P.S.I always love reading your updates, I'll say hello more often:)

Voyage to Russia said...

Hi Allison,

My SIL (she works with your husband) sent me to your blog a couple years ago as we were adopting from Russia and WAITING like you! Our adoption took two years ... which is long for Russia...but now we have a beautiful little girl who was so worth the wait. She did have a CL/CP ... lip repaired in Russia and palate here. There is a yahoo group that is for CL/CP and most of the families are adopting from China if you want to check it out.

Feel free to look at our blogs and leave a comment if you have any questions. ourgiftofgrace.blogspot.com and voyagetorussia.blogspot.com

The waiting is so hard but I promise you it will be so worth it so hang in there.

Jill

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Jenny!! Good to talk to you too!! Your little boy is so cute and lucky to have a family like yours!!

Jill,
I will definitely check out the blogs, any information is great!!! Thank you for leaving a comment, great to hear from you!
~Allison

Unknown said...

I heard that a new shared list is coming out already next week! Did you hear that?
Kelly

Voyage to Russia said...

Hi Allison,

One more thing I wanted to pass along. I'm not sure what agnecy you are with or where you are with payments but I do know an agency that the timeline for Eurasian girls from Russia is 6 months... start to finish. Unfortuantely I did not use them but know many people who have. We will be using them for adoption #2.

Again let me now if you want more info....

- J

Gary and Allison said...

Kelly,

Thanks for the update!!! I hope it's true. We just got a call back from the pediatrician yesterday, and I was at work so I need to call her back today. Plus, our agency sent all of our paperwork finally!!! So now we can move along...finally!
~Alliosn

Anonymous said...

31 months is a long time.....think of it as a countdown now instead of a count up. She's almost home. Hope we can catch up soon!
~ Kristin