Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Okay so here's the latest update...

I actually have a next 3 months checklist for myself and Gary. It includes the adoption stuff plus where the studio needs to be in case we get a referral in the next 3-6 months. I have quite a bit crossed and checked off, and Gary has been working really hard on the paperwork, and all the confusing updates etc. But for those who like an update here is where we are...







The checklist:
1.Decide on adoption special needs and fill out application-√
2.Get the paperwork from New Life and check on what's new to be updates for paperwork-√
3.Get State fingerprints done again-√
4.Send out fee for the Federal fingerprints to be done a 3rd time-√
5.Call & Meet our pediatrician Dr. O.-√
6.Get Hep. A & B vaccinations started-√
7.Get a handle on all the rest of the fees, and donation, and travel expenses-√-WHEW!! A big one!!!


So what we have left:
1.Send the rest of the packet & fees out to New Life officially
2.Get homestudy update-MAYBE WON"T NEED
3.Get financial statement for my Business updated-GONNA DO BUT MAYBE WON"T NEED
4.Get financial statement for Gary's job updated-GONNA DO BUT MAYBE WON"T NEED
5.Call and have Dr. Khan's office accept us for new physicals if needed-MAYBE WON"T NEED
6.Get letter from the county about background checks
7.Get 2nd round of vaccinations on March 10th

I guess we've done pretty well to have all of this done pretty much in a month. That's pretty fast considering that we are having some things come up again for renewal and we're just getting it done to be  on the safe side. That way once we do get a referral we won't have anything on our side holding us up. We'll just be waiting on China-we're used to that!

We're coming up on 32 months next Wednesday. I swear I don't know where the months go, and lately where the weeks go. We are so busy with this, the musical at SJ, the studio, and getting ready for the Spring Show, and the June Recital.

I do find that my mind is in such a different place lately. I have never had it be so hard to get choreography done. I am having the year from h$#@ as far as that's concerned. I think I am just focused on other things right now. And really, I think I deserve to be anxious and focused on something different. My life seems to be taken over by my job, and choreography, it's definitely time for something new in our lives-we need the change, and the permanent change of focus!! Can't wait!!

So there we are. I have started back into my workout full on again. It helps with the stress and frustration of my job lately, plus working on the quilt gives me some de-stress time also. I've really enjoyed working on that lately.

That's all for now!
Take care and love to all,
~Allison :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you guys got a lot done.Avery feels so close. So excited for you!!! Hope the rest goes quickly for you also. The quilt looks really great too. Awesome job on that.
Love
Liz

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Liz!! We're just waiting for the loan to go through, and we will be all set and can send everything in to our agency, then we'll be all set to start looking at some of the lists when they come out.

It should be going through anytime time now but we probably have to wait another week.

Miss you guys!
~Allison :)