Thursday, February 18, 2010

The quilt has been started!!!


Mom and I got all the squares out earlier this week, and put them on the nursery floor, and got them ironed and and as close to being a long the same measurements as I could get. When you have over 100 people sending squares there's always interpretations of the measurements. But I say it will add charm to the quilt. I am not a quilter, but I do understand the basics of sewing and I'm pretty sure I can figure this out and with some help we should be able to do this...
Today I actually put them in some sort of design. I made to paper template on the computer, and sat on the floor of the nursery and tried to put them in some sort of random design. I like what I have now, the quilt looks brighter now. The colors are dispersed more...

So, here's some photos of the quilt just in pieces on the nursery floor. Then tonight I did try to sew my first 4 squares together. Had to take it apart twice to make sure my seam was going to be even and straight but I did get it!!



Love to all
~Alli  :)



Enjoy!!

The quilt in pieces on the floor...
















My first 4 squares sewn together...


















And actually my 2nd set of 4 squares sewn together...
I did sew both sets together and it looks alright. More pics tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli,

Looks like you have gotten off to a good start. It is cool to see the pieces that I sent you. I have seen 3 so far. Wish I could help, but I don't know how to sew-at all. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Love, Heather

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Heather!!

~Allison :)