Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our progress so far...

It has really been a whirlwind week and a half, this week went so fast for me that I never knew what day it was...but that's good the faster the better. With a checklist and a to do list in hand I ventured into the special needs world doing all I could to learn about certain needs and what they meant and how minor or major they could be or become. I am becoming pretty affluent in the medical terms and can tell you what they are now pretty much just by the fancy medical term-impressive! I found that a lot of them are the same thing, just differences in severity. I ended up all of this week researching and then leaving Gary packets on the kitchen table for him to peruse when he got home, so we were both researching in our spare time. We have had so much help through family and friends on helping with some of the needs, and pediatricians, and connecting us with other families who have been through this-Amazing!!

Our progress in this last week:
1. Called Public Health and have vaccines set up for February 10th. Hep A & Hep B to start with.
2. Sent out emails and letters to pediatricians.
3. Think we have a pediatrician that will work with us, just need to lock this down.
4. Gary & I should have the special needs list narrowed down by this weekend.
5. Getting funds together for the deposit.
6. Sent out last call invites to friends and family about Avery's quilt.
7. Sending out back up letters to other pediatricians just in case.

We got a lot done this week, and have even more to do. Thank you to everyone and all their support, it means the world to us. We are excited that the prospect of receiving a referral is now in clear sight!! Our daughter is so much closer now-we feel it!!

Tonight Gary and I are going to Wicked in Syracuse. It's our second time seeing the show but the show is so amazing!! It's our last big night out for awhile as we are going to have to scrimp and save for the next few months!!

Love to all~
~Alli :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like wonderful progress! Can't wait to follow along!
Kelly

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Kelly!!
I have some questions for you but I'll wait a little while before I bother you!! I'm sure you're busy and we can't wait to follow your trip to China to get Lydia!!!

~Allison :)