Saturday, April 11, 2009

No change...


The CCAA still hasn't changed their status of what referrals and reviews they are on for dossiers. Either they just haven't updated it, or they haven't begun on April yet. Hoping maybe next week that they will change their status. We aren't due in the review room yet, but any update is at least an update.

On our blog list on the side, one of the couples who have been waiting for 3 years finally got their call this last week...their referral. They are just a couple we don't know them, we follow their blog. I haven't been brave enough to make contact with them. I have done that before and gotten no response back from people and so I haven't decided if I will put myself out there again or not. I watched the video of them getting their call, and it made me cry, bad idea, good idea, I don't know. Was so happy for them, and it brought up all those feelings again...but it's good.

Can't wait until we get our "call".

Heck, just get us in the review room and we're gonna celebrate!!! So you are all forewarned!!!

Love to everyone!
~Alli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers every single day. Believe me -- when y'all get in the review room, I'll be celebrating here too. Avery's got at least a decade-and-a-half's worth of big sisters from the studio and from Company who are anxiously awaiting every milestone on her journey to you.

Gary and Allison said...

Thank you Abby!! I know!! She will have so many big sisters. What a family Gary & I and all of us have created over the past years. She will definitely have one unique circle of family and friends.

Miss you!!
~Alli

Christa Bertram said...

I am crying like a baby after watching your friend's "call" video. It's so funny how differently you see things once you are on this side of adoption. Hang in there!!

Gary and Allison said...

Yeah, it's quite emotional. They aren't our friends though. They are people who I follow through their blog. I have tried before to contact people through their blog and get some sort of response but nothing ever happens. So, I haven't decided if I am going to put myself out there yet again. But, yeah, emotional.

~Alli