Monday, April 20, 2009

And the busy week begins...


We are in the week of our dress rehearsal for our big Spring show. This show has 25 pieces, it's really 28 because one piece is 8 minutes long and has 4 songs tied to it. Most of the show is our Senior Company, and there are 19 of them. Then we have our Junior Company, and there are 12 of them and we have 2 guys. They are a great group of kids. We will be in rehearsals in Watertown this week, and our show is in Friday.

We've been so busy lately and so self-involved, I don't really think self involved is correct, company-involved is more like it, that I can't wait for the days we have Avery and our lives are consumed by something else. How different our lives will be and how different our time, and what's important to us and the unwillingness to give it up will be.

Our little girl has already stolen our hearts, and she is just a thought right now, a dream. To us, she is every little Asian girl we see, every black haired, brown eyed beauty, and long for the days we will have her really here with us...a family finally. Then the days of working every Friday, and Saturday, and some Sundays will be gone...I long for those days.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do, I just feel like I've been working that way forever. Well, at least 1/2 of my life now. We seem to throw 200% of ourselves into our work constantly, because there is nothing else their to give it to.

We need a change, someone to ground us, someone to make us feel like we are a family. Someone that needs us, and depends on us, someone to change us. She is coming...someday.

Her name will be Avery Lin Newton, and we anxiously await her arrival!!

Someday...

Love to all this week!!
~Alli

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Our little girl has already stolen our hearts, and she is just a thought right now, a dream. To us, she is every little Asian girl we see, every black haired, brown eyed beauty, and long for the days we will have her really here with us...a family finally." So well said. I know exactly what you mean. Every little Asian girl I see catches my eye. I wonder if our little girl will look like her, smile like her, hold my hand like that little girl holds onto her mother's hand...Keep dreaming! When we finally travel to China to hold our daughters for the first time, we will hardly remember how long and hard the wait was!

Christa Bertram said...

This post has me in tears. I hope so much that your wait starts to speed up very soon. You and Gary deserve to have the opportunity to share all that love you have been saving.
I'm the same way when I see little black boys at the mall. One day a little guy ran right into me on the escalator and I had to pick him up and hand him to his dad. I thought I was going to die. I wanted to hold onto him for hours. I hope someone is holding our son and making him feel loved until we can go to get him. This is so hard, no matter what stage of the process you are in, but someday soon the waiting will be over for all of us and we will hold our children in our arms. God's speed!!!