Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just putting this out there...

I have recently have been driving myself crazy waiting for the list. I try not to but it just seeps into my thoughts all the time. Any moment of down time at all, and that's the thought I have. I should try to distract myself and try not to think of it so much, but it's really hard not to...

I also lately find myself talking when I'm at home by myself. Now I am not religious, I am spiritual. I believe in God, and was brought up Catholic, and Gary is Methodist but we both are more spiritual than religious I would say. We are not in church every Sunday; we are the holiday church goers. I find that at other people's churches I enjoy going much more. An upbeat church, a modern church like the one my brother and his family attend in Indiana, I enjoy those services. Maybe because no one knows us, and I feel that worship for me is private...maybe. But I do find myself talking lately out loud, and hoping someone hears me. I don't feel I have to be in a church, or at a service on Sunday to be heard. I believe God is everywhere and if you want to talk to Him He's always there to listen...no matter what.

I know that we are in a lot of people's prayers for a quick resolve to this waiting we have endured for the past almost 3 years, and we appreciate it so much. I do a lot of times say a prayer before going to bed, and ask Him to watch over our families, and find us our Avery. I'm not sure why I'm putting this out there, but it's been on my mind lately along with everything else.  I'm sure God has picked our daughter and is just waiting for the right time to show her to us.

The right time seems to be here. Things are shaping up, and there are signs everywhere, every day. I think Avery is close. I think that's why I am driving myself nuts waiting for the list. I try to keep it in check, because the next list may not have her on it, and I don't want to be let down-big time!! But I guess that's part of the process too. We have both gained patience, and learned so much in last 3 years. But I feel it is now our time. I am ready, we are ready. I have never felt this way before, not on this level. So distracted, so easily able to leave my job at work, and concentrate on something else. He is preparing me for this change and showing me that it is time...

Does that sound weird, or wacky? I don't know, but my attitude, my feelings are different now. I have more confidence, and more assertiveness than I've ever had in a long time. Someone hopefully is coming soon I do believe...

Love to all
~Allison


Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Congratulations to our blogger friends the Raudenbush Family who are leaving very soon to go get their daughter Lydia in China!!!

Congratulations to our other friends the Watkins Family who passed court and are going to Ethiopia very soon to go get their son Alex!!

Happy Happy Days!!!

2 comments:

Christa Bertram said...

He does hear your prayers. And He answers them with a perfect child for your family. She will be here before you know it....keep the faith!

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Christa!!

Alli :)