Sunday, July 26, 2009

A busy summer...

I can't believe it is July 26th, the Summer is going so fast but in a way it doesn't bother me one bit either. I am looking forward to next Summer and hopefully starting our family by then. We've been so busy with so many friend and family events this Summer that it will be nice to go on vacation to Cape Cod in 2 weeks...looking forward to that -A LOT!!!

After the Recital I had 3 1/2 weeks off before I started dance camps, and we really didn't have much going on in those 3 weeks except we went to Indiana, which I already put in the blog. But as soon as I went back to work we were extremely busy...

1. I started dance camps right after the 4th, and taught 5 camps per day my first week, 8 camps per day my 2nd & 3rd weeks, and have 11 camps per day coming up this week. After last week my 3rd week of camp, ended up in urgent care. I had been feeling achey, and extremely tired all week, and had a pounding headache for the majority of the week. On Friday it was my day off, and I really didn't feel well, had a fever, and cold chills, and then sweating profusely. Went to urgent care on Saturday, and the doctor said I was extremely dehydrated, and congested, and needed to rest, and take it easy for a few days. They tested me for the flu and that was negative, I just needed to hydrate more during work, and listen to my body when it tells me to slow down.

2. I visited with an old friend from 4th grade, Nirvana, one afternoon. We were best friends in 4th grade and hadn't seen eachother since. She moved away in 4th grade before the year was up. We had a great time, she brought her 2 year old daughter Sophie, and we drank 2 bottles of wine and caught up-it was great!!

3. Gary's Aunt & Uncle from Arkansas were up for 3 weeks. Aunt Cathy & Uncle Larry they stayed with Ron & Judy. HIs cousin Greg, and his wife Angie were also up and their daughter Brenna was also here. It's always nice to visit with family you don't see very often.

4. 2 Bridal showers have taken place. One for Gary's side of the family and one for my side of the family.

5. 1 Wedding. Hayley, Gary's cousin, and one of my dancers, and assistants got married to one of my friends brothers. We've known these "kids" for years and think they are both great people. the wedding was beautiful, and we got to catch up with a bunch of old friends, and it was lovely.

6. Gary had his 20th Class Reunion. It is the only class reunion they've had. So he helped plan it, and it was a lot of fun. I knew some of the people. I am 2 years younger than all of them. But it was nice to see him catch up with old friends, and he had a great time seeing everyone after 20 years.

7. I did a demonstration for the Summer Reading Program in Adams. Beth (my sister-in law) is in charge of it. They have guest speakers, and their theme this year was "Be Creative". So I talked about different forms of dance , and took some of my assistants with me to demonstrate. Afterward I read them my favorite children's dance book, and a good time was had by all.

8. Gary rode in the Spoker Ride in Sackets this past Saturday. It's a 50 mile bike ride and it benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Gary and my cousin Paul both did the ride. Gary has been riding his bike a lot this Summer. He has already riden 1000 miles this Summer. He took 2nd place in his age group on Saturday-WOOHOO!!!!!

9. We have another wedding in August after our vacation, my side of the family.

I think I have hit all the highlights. We have 2 weeks before we leave for a week to Cape Cod, our annual Summer family trip with Gary's side of the family.

I am hoping to get more done in Avery's room but we are just really busy this Summer. More busy than I think we thought we would be. Which is good in a way and also bad in a way.

Good because it makes the time go faster. Bad because we realize how much we actually need to slow down a little.

We'll strike a balance sometime.

Hope your Summer is going by at a pace that's good for you and your family!!!

Love to all~
~Alli
Here's a few pictures of what's been going on...

Me, Nirvana, and Sophie...



Gary dancing w/ Hayley at the wedding...


Gary & his 2nd place ribbon for his amazing ride...

1 comment:

Christa Bertram said...

I'm tired just reading this. I'm going to rest...lol