Friday, January 30, 2009

So the news is the same...


I was reading out adoptive families magazine this morning and it's the issue that has a lot of updates on the cost and the timeline of most of the international adoption countries. The cost is still a lot, no change there, and the timeline is still the same. They did say that the percentage of families that get a referral in 24 months or less is 75%. So that's good, it will take longer than that though. We're coming up on 19 months next Tuesday. We're getting there...

I just checked our adoption agency website for the update about the CCAA's progress. The dossiers that are being reviewed right now, are from February 28th or before 2007. We are June 2007. It seems they are a little ahead, almost a month. We should see our dossier get in the review room in the next 3 months...hopefully. Then we wait from there some more (12 more months at least).

We are learning patience anyways. It's gotta pick up at some point.

Adoptions for China has gone down though. In 2007 there were 5,453 children adopted. In 2008 only 3,909. So that's in our favor also a little bit.

Keepin' the faith!!



KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

No comments: