Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolutions...do you do these??


I've only really started to do New year's resolutions since last year, at least ones I'm actually going to follow through with.

I've decided this year that my life needs to be better. My life for myself, how I treat myself, the quality of my life, and just making myself happier and healthier. It's all in how I value my life and how I treat myself...nothing to do with the people in my life, this has to do with me.

1. Going to drop 20-40 pounds and keep it off this time. I dropped 30 last year, and then got really busy, habits changed, the adoption gets depressing, and all of a sudden...we're here again.

2. Going to read more. The quiet time to myself is very important and it's different than what I do for a living. I've already started this one. Already finished 2 books and stated the 3rd, and have 4 more that I'm in the middle of. I never really cared to read a lot before but I am actually enjoying it a ton!!!

3. Reclaim my sleep!! I do not and have slept well in years. I cannot shut my mind off at night sometimes. Sometimes it's work, other times it's the adoption, other times I'm worried about little stuff, it's horrible!! Gonna have my thyroid checked again, and figure this out, it's not healthy and it's not worth feeling exhausted all the time.

4. Find time for me every day. Even during the week. Find time that does not have to do with work, and classes, and music selection, and costumes, and students, and company, and choreographing. Me time, and restrict the amount of time Gary and I take away from us to always do for all of our kids constantly. I'm 35 and feel 45. I look a lot older than I should...in my opinion. Has a lot to do with those constant bags under my eyes that have permanent residence. Gary and I need more us time, and need to really pay attention to that more. We've started a little, had a very relaxing vacation, ad stayed in a lot, so some sense of starting already occurring.

5. Exercise every day in one capacity or another. Not my classes I teach it has to be something different than that. I teach and that doesn't mean I'm moving all out for long periods of time. Already started that too!!!

6. Take Avery's stuff out of our bedroom. Already did this it's all her closet now. We've reclaimed our bedroom back.

7. Take the necessary health stuff and do it. Don't just think that things are normal, if something is wrong, or hurts get it checked. For example my foot that is constantly bothering me since I slammed it twice into the stairs. I think I probably fractured it last year or something, throbs a lot and that's not good for a dancer. Throws your balance off and it's my pirouette foot, not great. So, things like that that I just put up with because I know I'm tough...needs to probably be checked.

8. Save for the rest of the adoption and pay off and down our debt. I'm sure everyone has something like this on their list. Need to really mean it and really do it though!!

9. Start Avery's room...little by little.

10. Write to our daughter within the next year, often, so she will know certain things I want her to know. It will probably be on here because I can't write in a journal. I've tried, many times, this works better for me. I think it's the sound of the keys, it makes feel as if I'm really getting my emotions out.

There's my 10. What's yours?

Mine is a lot of self exploration this year. I have a lot of things I'm curious about and I'm going to do my research this year. Going to get really healthy and happy for the arrival of our daughter...I want to be able to keep up with her and give her all she deserves!!!

I also feel the need to be involved in something this year or start something year, I don't know what yet though. Im sure I'll figure it out!!!

Don't you love the new year? You can feel like you can start all over again on a clean slate-new!!

Hope your 2009 is going how you see it planned!!!

Love to all~
~Alli

2 comments:

Christa Bertram said...

No, I don't do resolutions, or should I say I do them all year long. I'm glad you do. It's about time you started taking care of yourself. You are always taking such GREAT care of my daughter. She loves dance and LOVES you so very much and I thank you for that. We started a blog for our adoption too. If you want to check it out go to loveforlucas.blogspot.com
Take Care,
Christa

Christa Bertram said...

Off topic, but I found this "Call Sheet" for when you get your referral call. Just go to http://www.4shared.com/file/21979390/8e0b49fe/The_Call.html
If you are anything like me you will need something to write information on. I can't remember much of the information from our call, it's all a blurr I was so nervous and excited.
Blessings,
Christa