Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our kitchen looks like a street in China Town...


I decorated our house today for the Chinese New Year, It starts on Monday runs through Feb.8th. We have lanterns and mobiles hanging in our kitchen. We have chinese garland hanging over our island in the kitchen. I have our Chinese Santa, and the oxs on the table w/ the new cherry blossom placemat. The chinese character clings are on the windows, and the buddhas are out and it's lots of fun. Another holiday to decorate for...I love that.

We'll have the Moon Festival, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, there's a dragon boat festival in here somewhere, Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, August is pretty free though. PLus all the birthdays, and everything!!! There are a ton of Chinese festivals throughout the year.

We have Chinese fortune sticks, that I got Gary for Christmas last year. Yesterday I pulled one out the way you're supposed to and it read, "You will have some good news within the next month".

Funny huh? I wish!!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Xin Nian Kuai Le!!!

~Alli

No comments: