Thursday, January 22, 2009

Excited about Chinese New Year!!


So the Chinese New Year starts on next Monday the 26th through Feb. 9th. I'm decorating for it this year. We are the only ones who will see it, because nobody visits us, but it will make me feel good to do it. I've got a year of the Ox candle, and chinese garland, and some chinese lanterns I've had for awhile that I'm going to put up. We have chinese character clings and dragon picks, and Fu Dogs, and it will be fun and festive. I'm also going to send to our nieces and nephews, the red envelopes with chocolate gold coins in them and panda stuff and a crisp dollar bill. I'm also going to send out a few Chinese New Year cards, and just do it up right!!

I guess I'll consider this practice for when Avery is here. I would like to have a annual Chinese New Year celebration at our house with family to help bring some of her culture and traditions into both of our families culture and traditions!!

I'm sending info. packs w/ the red envelopes, so that they can understand better what we're doing.

I'm excited, that's all!! Plus, it's something other to do than dance and worry about the adoption...something positive and makes ME happy!!


Xin Lian Kuai Le!!!!

Love, Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli,

Glad to see that you are happy, and making your resolutions come true. Avery is going to be one lucky little girl to have you as a mother because you are making so many changes to give her a better life. Inspiring to witness.

Love, Heather

P.S. I have decided to sponsor a child's education w/Love through boundries. I think we are going to pick an older child though because they seem to be overlooked, but the younger ones are so cute. It is hard to decide.

Gary and Allison said...

Gary and I are doing the same thing. It's a great organization, and why not help a child in need!!!

That's great!!!
~Alli