Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!!!


So we are coming up on 14 months...another year to go. No matter what it is and no matter when you ask us we are going to say another year to go. Then we 'll be surprised when it actually gets here. Happy Labor Day to everyone. The end of Summer is here, the kids are all getting ready to go back to school. I'm ready to get back to my schedule, and being busier. I've had all of my registrations and my schedule is put together really well this year. We are starting to transition people at the studio for when we get Avery. My schedule will change a bit and our commitments at the studio will change a bit...focuses will obviously change and things will be different. Our focus has always been on other people's children and now it will be on our own child (children)-Finally!!! So we've been doing my schedule differently for the past 2 years to slowly transition the kids and the parents for our life change.

My brother Tom and our sister in law, Liz and our nieces Jessica & Jodi were here over the weekend. It is a Scofield tradition to go to the NYS Fair so Tommy and his family come home for it every year. I've been to the fair every year for over 30 years. Gary has been for the past 19 years with my family...it's just tradition. So we go all together, my Mom, and Dad, my 2 brothers Tom and John, Jess and Jodi our nieces and Gary and myself. It was fun. I went on the carousel with Jodi, and the Himalayan with Jess. We all went on the big Ferris wheel except for Tommy. Gary went on the Himalayan with Jess. Jodi, Jess and I went on the roller coaster together, I was laughing so hard I was crying!!! It was a good time!!!

Today we went to the dedication of the benches in the new Adams park. Grandma Newton's parents had a bench dedicated to them and actually the other bench was dedicated to relatives on Beth's side of the family. So, it was like a big family reunion. Very cool!! After that there was a Brown family get together at Uncle Richard's and Aunt Linda's cottage. It was a lot of fun to meet people and relatives and spend time with the family. I always believe things happen for a reason, or karma, and fate or whatever. But as we were talking... a ladybug landed on Judy's shoulder. A reminder of Avery...she was there, her spirit, her reminder to us and everyone, she was part of the day and I believe that ladybug showed up at our table and on Judy's shoulder for a reason. It was only 1 ladybug, she was really red and vibrant...thank you!!!

We saw Aunt Nancy and Uncle Tom today. I don't remember if we thanked them for the lady bug pillow on here. But about a month ago we received a pillow from them that was a ladybug...very cute. Thank you so much!!!

Today was a good day. Almost 14 months in, I'm turning 35 in 5 days. I hate to think about that...it is depressing to me!!!

Hope everyone had a good Summer. We heard about China having another earthquake today. Not good. Please keep everyone safe and sound.

Love to all~
~Alli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had such a great couple of days. You definitely need and deserve it. When I read about the ladybug on Judy's shoulder I got cold chills. I love little things like that.


Love you both very much.
~Katie