Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can you say the first of 2010...


Another update from the adoption agency today. It looks as if we're looking at the beginning of 2010, until we get Avery. That's it!! I feel as if I've been trying to tell myself that it will speed up and China will get there act together...don't think so. I appreciate all the updates from the adoption agency, it's their job, I know. But, I tell ya, I think I liked living in my world of optimism, and denial. It's happier there.

Ever feel as if there was something you did in your life that is preventing you to get what you want. If only you could figure it out so that you could fix everything and it would all be how you want it. I believe in karma. But I also believe that I have been a teacher for a reason, that I have helped hundreds of kids over the past 17 years for a reason. That I became a dance teacher who cares about her students for a reason.

Just sometimes you gotta wonder...where's ours?

Me venting...what's new.

Totally frustrated more than ever,
~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! What's the reason for the wait?

Gary and Allison said...

That's just how backed up the China adoption system is. They don't have enough people manning the paperwork part and aren't getting through dossiers quick enough. It's not because there is a shortage of children...they are just really slow moving. There are a ton of dossiers waiting and they just aren't getting through them in a timely manner.

A lot of people have dropped out and we hope that more will do so also, so the number of dossiers will down. When we started this process from when we started the pre-application it has been 20 months. But only 14 months from the dossier being sent.

When we started the adoption our agency said 15-18 months. It has doubled in wait time. It just makes you want to scream. It's just beyond frustrating. Keep us in your prayers that this will speed up soon!!