Friday, May 30, 2008

Nothin' much...


Don't have much to update anyone on. We are in total Recital mode right now. Taking pictures of the dancers in their costumes, and Gary is busy doing the dvd's from the May show, and the music for the Recital. Gary is busy uploading and taking the pictures for the Recital and all in all we are just getting ready for the show. Looking forward for it to be over. I have 153 dancers and 29 dances in the Recital and I finally have them all organized and still working out the kinks with a couple of the dances to make sure they are ready. Same stuff different year.

We took a group of our senior dancers to a Broadway show last night. The musical "Movin' Out" was in Syracuse and we took them to see it. It was GIt was the 6th time Gary & I have seen the show and it was still amazing and inspiring.

We are wanting to start the nursery but are going to have to wait until after the Recital. That's only 11 days away. I have scrapbook pages and announcements I want to get done and send out but everything is wrapped up right now with the business.

I feel as if I'm learning more this year than any other year that I've had my business and been a dancer/choreographer. I feel more centered in a way with my dancing. But also not because our personal life is so up in the air, with the wait for Avery, it's definite but it's not, and it's frustrating as usual. But as a dancer I feel like I know what is important to me. All of the emotions from the adoption stirred up all of these ideas and movements and really made me realize what's important. I am knowing what I can change and what I can't and where to place all of that energy now. My choreography stemmed from a different place this year, it was hard for me some days to come up with the choreography because of all the frustration, but then when I could break through that, the choreography that did come out I am truly happy with. In my 29 years of dancing I have never been truly happy with much of my work but this year I am truly happy with a lot of it and the journey that went along with it. I know the process of the adoption and the frustrations, and happy thoughts and days where I was really depressed and everything contributed to the work I put out this year. They say it's all about the journey and the journey in my work this year has been really fulfilling. Just waiting for that ultimate journey to China.

We are looking forward to a relaxed Summer full of bike rides, barbecuing, kayaking, and "us" time. There is a ton of stuff we want to do around the house and in the gardens and we really just want some down time. We will be 11 months into the adoption in 4 days-exciting!!!

We are also looking forward to the Kung Fu Panda movie that's coming out. Grandma Scofield (Margaret) bought Avery the Kung Fu Panda stuffed animal and I got her the book the other day. I got pink polka dotted canvas baskets for her nursery from Pottery Barn kids the other day also. I think I have found her mobile-took some time to search for one but it has ladybugs of all different colors and looks different than your normal mobile.

So I guess for "Nothin' much"...I did have a lot to say. Who knew?

Love to all~
Alli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months Gary & Alli

"Bringing a child into the house is the greatest act of hope there is."
-Louise Hart

Love,
Heather