Thursday, December 9, 2010

Brief update & Christmas parade...

Our Dance Company was in the local Christmas parade last Sunday.  It was snowing-A LOT, and cold. Avery and Mommy sat in the back of the truck, and Daddy drove. Our 27 girls walked and danced in front of the judges. We won 1st place in our category!!

A lot of fun was had by all! Avery is NOT a fan of the cold, not one bit, being from Central China I can see why.  But she likes to catch snowflakes on her tongue...don't we all?-so cute!!

Avery can now say Santa (it's the cutest thing EVER!), and she can also say elf. She is a very social and snuggly, and kissy (my own word)  little girl these days. Always has kisses for Mama & Dada. I am happy to see her open up and be social, but also miss the days where she would cling to my shoulder and put her head in my neck. We still have a lot of those days. She wants Mama a lot, which I love. Around family now she is very social, and inquisitive.

Avery takes an hour nap in the afternoon, and then another 40-60 minutes after on my shoulder. I'm sure that is a bad habit, but I love it. It makes me sit down during the day before I go to work, and what's better than snuggling with your girlie!!

I can't wait for Christmas vacation, neither can Gary. We are changing things about Christmas morning this year so we are able to enjoy being a family this year, having our own home Christmas- hope everyone understands. We've waited a long time for this and being that we now have a family, things will have to change a little bit anyways-bound to happen...

We have our Christmas shopping just about done. Just a little this weekend, and then also taking Avery to see the Lights on the Lake on Sunday in Syracuse-should be fun!!

All in all we continue to be blessed by Avery in every way, every day. She is a joy!!

Here are some pics of me and Avery in the back of the car at the parade, with Daddy peeking over the seat. The car all decorated, and our Company girls.  Enjoy!!


No comments: