Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekly Update...

I was going to hop in the shower at 6:01 AM this morning, but Miss Avery just woke up, and just quieted back down and our stairs are extra creaky so I'm waiting a few minutes before I go up, so I will post this quickly.

We are doing great, Avery is learning more everyday. Her new thing is to take you by the hand and go into another room. Our house has 2 living rooms in it, so after awhile she will lead you by the hand into the other one. The other day my parents were here, and she went to all 4 of us one by one and touched our hands  which means let's go into the other room.

Her words are expanding, the newest one is "cool". She will also clap 3 times and say "clap, clap, clap" as she does it, (from Go Diego Go). She makes all sorts of faces, and her newest one is the famous Home Alone face-so funny!!

We watched Toy Story 3 over the weekend, and she really enjoyed that, she stayed in the room with us through the whole movie. We had the old Karate Kid movie on the other day, and she REALLY enjoyed that. She was laughing, and talking to Mr. Myaggi-go figure!!

Gary and I are so excited for Christmas. We have Chinese lanterns in our kitchen that I change to different colors for the different seasons. For Halloween, I found jack o lantern ones, they looked really good. But I have bypassed the Thanksgiving ones, and the Christmas colored ones are already up- excited much?

We are already planning our Christmas shopping outings. We'll be home for Thanksgiving, so that means we can decorate the house over Thanksgiving Break-YAY!! Every other year we go to my Brother's in Indiana, this year we stay home. My parents will be in Indiana though, they go every year. We will have dinner with Gary's side, we are excited about Avery's first any type of Holiday. Gary and I have A LOT to be thankful for this year!!

Avery has changed a lot in the past few weeks, to us she feels more settled.  More at home. She really knows who Mom and Dad are now, and we feel like she trusts us more. Avery and I have always had a bond from day one, but now Gary feels that extra special Daddy and his little girl bond. Gary has always had a special bond with Avery, but he said he noticed this week that she looked at HIM differently. He said she has a different look in her eye when she looks at him- a more comfortable, trusting look- a connection at a different level. Gary has been so waiting for that- so special!!

I still have a hard time going to work everyday. It's because of a lot of reasons. I would love to be a stay at home Mom, but we can't afford for me to do that right now, someday hopefully. I miss Avery as soon as I walk out our front door. I think waiting this long to become a parent, I feel like that's all I want to do. I love my job, but I feel like it's time to put all that effort into our child (children). I'm sure it will eventually pass. Once I start choreography, and Recital work and Company I'm sure it will seem refreshing. But I'm still in that phase of Mommy & Avery time, and lovin' every minute of it that I have!!

Have a great week, because of Veteran's Day, I only work 3 days this week-YAY!! A 4 day weekend with the Averybug!!


1 comment:

Christa Bertram said...

Love catching up on the updates! It's great to hear how well everything is going...I knew it would. Please know I'm thinking of you all often andlooking forward to seeing Miss Avery again. :)