Thursday, June 17, 2010

What a weekend, and week!!

So glad, I am done with the studio for awhile. I love teaching, and I love my dancers, and all of the parents are great but last week was the week from he!!.

We got the Recital done, but had to change the date to a day earlier, because of NYS not being able to decide whether or not they were going to pass the budget. Our Recital was scheduled for Tuesday June 15th, but the budget vote was for Monday June 14th, and the outlook of them passing it on the Friday before was grim. So we got phone calls from the building where we hold the Recital (a State building), and they said to make other arrangements. If they didn't pass the budget they were going to shut down all State buildings at 12:01 on Tuesday the 15th. That would mean no Recital, and there are no other dates available at this venue until the middle of July-not an option! We set our date as it is a year in advance, I already have next year's dates...

I kept saying to myself, life isn't supposed to be this hard. We work hard all year, and do everything for everyone, why are we tested constantly, especially in the last 3-4 months. I know it's to make us stronger, but sometimes, enough is enough!!

I have over 100 students at my dance studio, that means over 100 sets of parents to call and change the date, and see what other conflicts there were etcetera, etcetera. Needless to say I was on the phone, and on the computer, and texting, and on my cell phone for 4 straight hours on Friday, changing the date.

Everyone was really good about it, and we had the Recital on Monday. But I didn't sleep for 3 days. I had myself so worked up that I was so sick to my stomach the day of the Show- it wasn't pretty!! But my nerves calmed down once the first Act started, good thing because I wasn't able to leave the curtain in the first act for 17 dances.

The dancers did awesome though!! They absolutely shined on that stage- very impressive!! I am a very very very proud dance teacher!! Our extended family is our dance family, and they are fantastic!! They are supportive, and caring, and just wonderful!! It was the biggest crowd we've seen at one of our Recitals, the place was packed!! Thank you to all my dancers, and assistants, and their parents, you all ROCK!!

I've added some pics of some of my dancers. They are some special people!!

Avery will have a ton of older sisters, and she'll grow up in the studio surrounded by a ton of people that can't wait to meet her, they are all as excited as we are!!

I'm sure she'll be doing arabesques, and chassés, and tendus before she can do anything else- can't wait!!

So now my schedule is clear... just waiting for the TA. I hope it comes soon, we really need to go get our girl.

I am cleaning out cupboards, and drawers, and doing her laundry, and putting things away, and baby proofing the house this week. Getting rid of things we don't need, and really getting the house ready for her arrival. I must say it is a lot of fun!!

We got the other car seat last night, and some tub toys, and her first pair of bib overalls- so cute!! And everyone MUST have a Ni Hao Kai Lan sprinkler for their back yard... right?!  :) We had a lot of fun last night picking up some things for our little one.

You can see the change in the house, there are girlie toys in the house, and Avery's things are everywhere- such a neat transformation, and one we've been waiting for for a long, long time!! I've had the most fun putting her things away in her room. I put on her lullaby songs from her iPod, and  before I know it I've been in her room for 3 hours- fun, fun, fun!!

We were looking through the toy section last night, and I was so excited about the little kitchen sets, and grocery carts, and grocery sets, and the Ni Hao Kai Lan car that's available. Gary told me, "You won't want to go back to work!" He's probably right!! That's why I'm hoping we travel really soon, so I get a lot of time off with our little Avery. We'll do whatever we need for her- no question!!

We're just really excited!!
Enjoy the pics!!

No comments: