Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little discouraged right now...

Gary and I are really discouraged right now. No word yet on the TA. It's been 4 weeks, and yes, I know they said it could be 4-6 weeks, but we kinda thought that by now we would have a good idea  about when we would be leaving.

One of the other families that was in our travel meeting is leaving this Saturday to go get their son. We are so very happy for them. We remember meeting them 3 years ago and how discouraged they were, and how worn down they looked at the agency get together. So we are very happy for them, that they finally are going to get their son, he is their 1st child so congrats to the Rockwells!! The other family in our group hasn't received their TA yet either, but I think they will get theirs before us. The family that is traveling with the Rockwells waited 8-10 weeks for their TA-so discouraging!! The Rockwells got theirs relatively fast...

I guess it depends on what province you are dealing with and how fast they process things. So, this has been a week where we are very very discouraged. A lot of time we are good and upbeat but this week... no so much.

I am trying to figure out Summer Camps, but with everything so up in the air, that's hard to do. But I will have to do something because I can't continue to wait.

I have cleaned every cupboard and organized every cupboard downstairs. Taken things to the Salvation Army, and thrown things out that we haven't used in forever. Made a changing area in the downstairs bathroom, and now when you open drawers and cupboards in the kitchen they are full of bottles, and sippy cups, plastic plates, and bibs-a cool change!!

There are all sorts of toys in the livingroom in bins, and both cars have the car seats in them. I made room for the big stroller, and umbrella stroller in the breezeway closet. You can see the transformation of our house into a house ready for a little one.

It's actually fun to do her laundry right now, all pink for the most part. We are so ready for her, we talk to her pictures all the time. We have dinner at our kitchen table, and her 8x10 picture is there and we talk about her. "I wonder what she sounds like", " I wonder what she likes to eat", "I wonder if she'll like s'mores","I can't wait to eat a meal as a family","I can't wait to squeeze her little cheeks", "I can't wait to see her smile", "I can't wait to see her in her highchair", and we can't wait to hear the pitter patter of her feet around the house.

There are a lot of, "I can't waits and I wonders"...around here lately.

We did call our agency and ask for another update since it's been a month since the last one. Hopefully we'll get new measurements and new pictures. This wait is hard...

I know there are other things going on in the world that are much harder, much more important, and much bigger than this, and that this doesn't seem to be so big and dramatic in the great realm of things. But in our little piece of this world, this is everything to us, this is a HUGE deal, Avery is everything to us. We need to get to her and bring her home and this waiting is harder than we could ever describe...

We know it will happen in the time it was meant to, but that is not a comfort to us right now unfortunately.

Please keep the prayers coming, and positive thoughts...we need them!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

We do have you in our prayers.and that the TA will get here sooner than later.
We love you guys!!! Can't wait to see the transformation in the house.
Love
Tom Liz Jessica Jodi

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks guys!!
:)

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

That wait is so difficult. Once you have that TA it's like getting a due date...something tangible! I pray it comes soon! Hang in there!