Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Avery is eleven months old today...


Our little baby girl is 11 months old today!! Today is the 28th of April, and her birthday is May 28th. It is so hard to know that she is so far away, and that we will have to wait another almost 2 months before we can go get her, and there is nothing we can do about that.

I hope she is happy, and being well taken care of...in her pictures she looks like a happy baby!! We will have to get a cake next month on her birthday, and have some family over to help celebrate her birthday. Then when she is finally here with us, we will have to have a huge party and celebrate it late with friends and family. Can't wait for that!!

We've been extremely busy lately, I have a dance show next week. I've been so busy in the last week that  I already feel like an absentee Mom. I feel like I need to just sit in her room, and stare at her pictures, and read her books, and fold her clothes, and put things away, etc. But I am literally running around everyday getting things together for the 30 dancers on my Senior Company for their show next Saturday. I will admit I will be glad to have some time to myself after the show, I need to get things ready for Avery's arrival. There is so much to do for her, and I just need to get through the show.

We got her dresser last night-pictures below!! Gary and Uncle Steve went to Syracuse last night and picked it up-thank you Uncle Steve for helping to get it and putting it in her room!!  We love it, it matches her crib and fits just perfectly in the space.

We've had so many people interested in Avery and so many well wishes lately, we appreciate them so much!! We went to church last Sunday (Gary's church). Ron & Judy wanted to put up Avery's picture and announce that they had a Grand daughter on the way!! It was so nice, everyone was so excited, and as we walked into the church on Sunday, right at my eye level as we opened the door to go in was a bright red real ladybug on the door-I think it was a sign that our LOA is coming soon!!

We've had a lot of family have experiences lately that go along with the adoption. Beth took the kids to the beach and ended up meeting another Mom with a daughter they adopted from China, and her and Owen were playing together.

Aunt Nancy called last night and took her dog into be groomed, when her dog came out the bandana that the place gives to the dogs each time had ladybugs all over it.

The little chair below, is one my parents dropped off last week. So  now Avery has her own little red adirondack chair-so cute!!

So there is a lot going on, and the signs just keep on coming, our LOA must be coming soon!!

We love our little girl, our little Hunan girl!! I look at her face and am amazed that she is ours!! She has such character in her face, such soulful eyes, and seems to be so happy!! We can't wait until they place her in our arms! It is very hard to know she is there and we are here. Nothing else matters to us right now, we just need to get to her and bring her home. Home to a safe place full of love, and family. She is so very loved by everyone already, what a special little girl she is, and what a lucky pair of parents we are to have her for our daughter! Parents...we are parents...that is music to my ears!!

Mother's Day this year means something different. I actually am a Mom now-WOW!! I have been waiting to be a Mom for so long. I think on Mother's Day, I will sit in her room, and read her books, and go through her things, and write to her about this first Mother's Day. Even though we will be apart, she is in my heart, and on my mind constantly, our little girl, our little ladybug, our angel, soon we will be together!!

We love you so much Avery Lin!!

No comments: