Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Christmas time...

It's that time of year I love and I also am not very fond of either. As I look outside today it is snowy and the wind is blowing, and it's cold, and it's the 2nd snow day for the local schools. I like snow, but I want it to snow on the night of our Christmas Show, Christmas Eve, and and on Christmas then go back to 70 degree weather. Guess I live in the wrong place...oh well. I hate making the decisions of whether or not to have classes, because it only means I have to make them up, and that takes weeks upon weeks. People don't understand unless they have their own business and make all the decisions what that's like. Most people have a boss that makes the decisions for them, they would understand better if they all of a sudden had to make the decisions and also deal with those consequences. Oh Winter...gotta love it!

Last weekend was our Christmas Show. It was great! The dancers all did a fantastic job...and our crowd was really good. Makes for a long week and a very busy schedule but with all the waiting I don't mind having to concentrated on something else. I had to deal with very selfish and not understanding people in my business last week, I try to remain neutral, and tried to be fair and very nice and honest but this person was mean and had blinders on and could only see what was good for them and not my Company-oh well! I stood up for my Company and that's all that matters. I'll post some pictures of show.

One thing I do notice is how much my kids depend on Gary and myself. We may not have children of our own but we have amassed so many children in our dance family over the last 15 years. We really do consider them "our kids". We are called Mom, and Mama & Papa Bear by our dancers all the time and it makes us feel great-we love our kids!!! I tell them how proud I am of them, and how they help make my Christmas brighter and help me to find the happiness in Christmas and the joy in Christmas because I really do not love Christmas like I used to...it seems empty, and I associate it with not having a child, and I get frustrated and a bit jealous when I watch everyone and their own families enjoy it so much. But I keep it all to myself and try to smile and carry on and probably sometimes I am not so good at it so I apologize.

I am in a major dilemma of trying to decide if my cat of 20 years needs to be put to sleep. She was with me when I lived with my parents and I love her so my Skimbleshanks. She cannot see very well, and doesn't hear very well, and she will not use the cat box, and it's just a mess, and she doesn't walk very well, and I'm just a mess trying to figure this out. In cat years she is 100, and has had a very full life. She has been with Gary and I since we have been together-20 years. I cannot have a rug in the kitchen because she messes on it, and I just think her quality of life is not good, and something has to be done. I really thought she would hang around until we got Avery. I know she's not in good health and I feel as if her days are not many, but I always felt like she was waiting for that, once we knew of Avery's arrival. But I am so upset of the thought of having to put her to sleep that I can't bear it, and the thinking of the situation and decision just puts me in tears every time. Especially this time of year. I don't know... :(

Our trees are up and our China tree looks great, we hung 2 more ornaments for Avery this year...we have a lot of ornaments on this tree as we have been waiting for her for 2 years and 5 months.

I sound so depressing today...sorry. Probably just decompressing from show week, and really just need some fun and down time.

I think I'm going to get it today, I feel a snow day at the studio coming on as the weather is treacherous today, and I don't want parents out in this weather. Maybe after my last round of PT today some hot chocolate and a movie sounds like a good idea.

Happy Holidays and would love to hear from people!!!
~Alli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli~
I didn't get a chance this year to see the show, although, I really wanted to.

Sorry to hear about your cat. We are in the same boat with our dog. He has been around for 14 yrs,and is not in good health either. Love him to pieces.

Hope you have a good holiday season, and pray Avery will be here next year at this time.

Love, Heather

Christa Bertram said...

So sorry about your kitty. We had to put down our 16 year old cat last summer...very hard. Good luck and try to enjoy your snowy day.
Thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Hoping you don't have many if any Christmas seasons left without Avery.
Blessings, Kelly

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Heather, have a great holiday season.

Thanks Christa. I don't think I can make the decision just yet but I know it's coming, still too upset about it. Hope you've enjoyed your day off too!

Thank you Kelly! Looks like you've all been having a lot of fun at your house lately!!! Here's to time going faster to get to our new additions, but slow enough to enjoy the season and families that surround us now.
Happy Holidays!!

Thanks everyone!!
~Alli