Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holidays...



Don't ya think that when you get to be a certain age, the holidays are not fun anymore. I think it's that way until you have children and then you get to see the holidays again through their eyes. I remember I loved Christmas, it seemed so magical and whimsical and it was fun and I couldn't wait for it to get here. Now it just seems like a big chore sometimes. I know we do a Christmas Show every year, and I do enjoy that. I love working with the kids and I do love Christmas music, but the rest of it just seems not fun. It is all about finding the right gifts and making lists of things you don't need or really want. We all are growed up and the magic of Christmas is gone. We decorate our house and put up the trees and make cocoa and watch all the traditional movies...but I can't wait to have children and experience it all over again like when I was a child.

The holidays are rough on us and our adoption process looks like this:
-2 more Halloween's
-1 more b-day for me and 2 more for Gary
-2 more Christmas's
-At least 1 more Mother's Day for me and 1 more Father's Day for Gary
-1 more wedding anniversary at least
All of this until we can finally go get Avery

That's what the holidays mean to me lately.

I know it's just me feeling sorry for myself, but during this process you feel it a lot. You crab at eachother a lot because the frustration is so apparent. You don't mean it but it comes out. I think Gary and myself stay home a lot because we just don't feel like socializing.

I've decorated for Halloween but 1/2 of the stuff is still put away somewhere. You just get in that funk.

So I'll just suck it up and put on the smile...

That's my vent for today!!!!

P.S.~ Aunt Cathy Hudnall~ We would like to say that we love you very much and you are in our prayers!!!!
MANY POSITIVE THOUGHTS ARE BEING SENT YOUR WAY!!!!

~Alli & Gary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli & Gary,

Avery Lin is one very lucky little girl. She obviously has parents, friends, and family that care and love her unconditionally, and she is not even her yet. You can hear the love and desire in this blog for her. It is a beautiful keepsake for her when she gets older. There is nothing greater than to know that you were wanted long before you even existed.

We continue to keep you 3 in our prayers.

Love, Heather & Don

Gary and Allison said...

Thanks Heather & Don. Your comments are always so appreciated!!!! I was good to see you in Kohl's the other day!!
Take care!!
~Alli