Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's been 13 months today!!!


The 3rd of every month gets us 1 month closer to our daughter and here we are again the 3rd of August!!! I don't know where the Summer has gone but don't really care either, need time to fly!!!

We have really been enjoying all the stuff on TV lately about china. The travel channel had about 4 nights of Samantha Brown, Anthony Bourdain , and the Zimmerman guy going around China and seeing different sights etc. We sat each night and watched and wondered which parts of all of it we would be seeing when we go. It's very interesting to us, the whole Chinese Culture, we are very intrigued by it all. The people, the beliefs, the food, and everything. We are learning new stuff all the time. We are really looking forward to the Olympics and the coverage in the morning news shows. I'll have to record it though because I am working for the next 2 weeks and will be at the studio during most of it. It is hard to believe that in approximately 10-12 months(fingers crossed) we will be standing there ourselves and have Avery with us-blows our minds everytime we think about it.

We were in Saratoga Springs this last Friday and just went for the day. There a park there called Congress Park, and they were setting up some kind of an Asian/Chinese display inside and outside one of the main buildings-WEIRD!! We went to Saratoga Springs on a whim and for the National Dance museum-which was a major disappointment. But had fun roaming around the touristy town and bought a plaque for Avery's room that says:

With a butterfly kiss
And a Ladybug hug
Sleep tight little one,
Like a Bug in a rug.

Appropriate we thought, it's sweet.

We also got her a baby panda stuffed animal-very plush and little, just right to pack for China.

Today I went back to Kmart and got Avery 3 Summer outfits and a shirt. Total cost was $12.00. I didn't break the bank on that one!! Kmart is having major sales in all of their kids departments and probably will be marking down again to another 40% off the clearance. So, I left some other things there in hopes of even more markdowns. Her closet has clothes in it...but she's a girl and if she's anything like her Mom (me) she will have more clothes than she can wear. That's how it goes!! My mom taught me well, first go to the clearance rack, then shop around. Always look for the bargains. Anything I've bought it hasn't been much and it is always on sale!!!

We, I mean I, am still obsessed with ladybugs, and now pandas. Also I am starting to feel like an elephant whose gestation period is about 22 months. Feeling really akin to that animal lately. We have a ton of things with ladybugs on them and anytime anybody sees a ladybug we are told they think about us and Avery-that's pretty cool.

I do finally have the final draft on the quilt reminder to send out to people we haven't heard from yet. I think I will do that one, and then do a postcard to everyone else with update information and if anyone is willing to help to start the quilt. That should be a lot of fun...and make us feel as if we are doing something for her besides waiting, and waiting, and oh yeah...waiting.

We go to Cape Cod pretty soon, can't wait. Should be a lot of fun!! I recently bought 3 books to take with me. One is really good and tells you everything you would need to know about adopting a baby girl from China. Another one is told from the father's perspective...thought maybe Gary would also read that one. The last one I still have to go and pick up is about after you bring your daughter home and what to look out for and etc. It does help me to read about other people's journey's and to hear their story. So, I should be able to get some reading done while we are away.

I think that is the catch up on us for now. Still here and waiting...sometimes not patiently, sometimes totally frustrated, but taking it day by day. Don't forget to ask us about the adoption..that is our support system.

Love to all-Yea!!! 13 months!!!!!
~Alli & Gary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 13 months!! I can finally post on here now that we have our new computer. For some reason the other one never let me. Anyways, I need to stop over some time. Miss you guys! I have some things for you that I've had for probably a good 4 months if not longer. i think about you every time I see a ladybug and have to resist picking everything up...can't go broke ;) Anyways, hope you have a fabulous and very quick 13th month!!
Love,
Sarah