Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A journey of a thousands miles...


That saying is used over and over and over again in International adoptions. In conjunction with the red thread saying for China adoptions you always see this saying also. I was in Syracuse the other day walking at the Carousel Mall, and planned my entrance and exit through JC Penney a certain way so I wouldn't be back tracking through the store and I only had a certain amount of time before I had to pick up my Mom at the train station. So, I went into the Mall through their 2nd story and left through their lower level. On my way out I passed the jewelry section and saw these neat rings and bracelets, and necklaces, with all sorts of sayings and words on them, ones that I've seen in a catalog called, Femail Craeations that I love. But the catalog is really expensive and I just haven't ordered anything from them. They have necklaces that say, "Live Fully", "Dance like no one is watching", things as such...sayings I love and use all the time.

As I was passing I saw a ring, it was sterling silver, and had a twist in the band and had a saying that went all the way around it. The saying was, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". Meant to be!!! I bought it of course, the price was 1/2 the cost it would have been in the catalog. If I had not gone out this way through the store I would have never seen the ring...fate or whatever...I love this ring, and the more I look at it the more it gives me hope and that we can make it through the next 10+ months left on our wait time.

I also bought a ladybug bikini for Avery. It was $7.00 at Babies R' Us...CUTE!!!! I bought 24 months, it is adorable and I couldn't resist.

We have started renovations on the house. The downstairs bathroom, the deck, and the breezeway. Then after that we will start on the nursery.

That's it for now.

Love to all,
~ALli

No comments: