Thursday, January 31, 2008

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!

So we've heard a lot of disturbing news in the last week. It is looking as if the wait is going to be a lot longer. We've heard many rumors on why but you don't know who to believe. I've tried to do some research on the web but again it's all speculation.

What I keep reading is since they changed the rules for adopting from China last May, they are trying to get caught up on the back log of the dossiers. Now, whether this means they now have to go through and make sure again that everybody meets the required regulations-I don't know.

Another reason I kept coming across was that China has required the orphanages to do more paperwork on the orphans and there is not enough staff to help. So not as many of the orphans are becoming available because again, there is not enough help to file and fill out the paperwork. Again-you don't know if this true.

I am so frustrated right now, totally feeling as if I've been shot in the heart. When we started this process the wait was not really long, long but acceptable. Now, it is extremely long. I'm starting to understand the looks on those families faces that we see all the time at the adoption functions. The sadness and feeling of no control, and despair.

I keep trying to tell myself we are only 7 months in and it could speed up in our wait time-maybe, hopefully.

I know our daughter will be worth the wait, she will be there waiting for us. I know this but it so doesn't help lately.

~Alli

2 comments:

Green Family said...

Hi Gary and Alison...
I'm an adoptive parent from Arizona looking through Blogs to get ideas for my own and came across this page. Our LID was 10/05 and we were told at that time we'd get our ref in 6 months. Well...16 months later we did. Our Maddie was in our arms Mother's Day of this past year - 5/13/07. IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!! You will get the one meant to be your daughter. And...I guess like labor pains...the wait and paperwork fade and what's left is this petite little thing that holds power beyond words. So...from Arizona...tie a knot and hang in there.

Green Family said...

Hi Gary and Alison...
I'm an adoptive parent from Arizona looking through Blogs to get ideas for my own and came across this page. Our LID was 10/05 and we were told at that time we'd get our ref in 6 months. Well...16 months later we did. Our Maddie was in our arms Mother's Day of this past year - 5/13/07. IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!! You will get the one meant to be your daughter. And...I guess like labor pains...the wait and paperwork fade and what's left is this petite little thing that holds power beyond words. So...from Arizona...tie a knot and hang in there.