Monday, October 29, 2007

Sending out postcards...

Hello there~

Just a note to those who haven't responded to our invitation to be a part of Avery Lin's quilt. We will be sending out reminder postcards. We have over 65 quilt squares and 56 pages for Avery's scrapbook so far, we would like to have the full 100 quilt squares. We sent out over 90 invitations to family and friends. We will also be sending out a second wave of the original invites to people who have heard about the quilt and have shown a lot of interest.

If you do not send a quilt piece after the reminder we will assume you do not wish to participate.

Again, remember this quilt will be for our daughter from China, Avery. Even though our wait is long we would like to get her quilt started. We are planning to adopt again from China after we get Avery. So, we will be doing this again for her sister. If you do not know what to do please go to the connecting blog site here called Avery's Quilt.

We understand everyone's schedules are hectic and busy, and it takes time to pick out the fabric and put your thoughts together. We would like to start looking at patterns and start to figure out how to put her quilt together. So if you still wish to participate please send your quilt piece and your wish and your scrap piece, you do not need to do a scrapbook page. Alli can do that for you, just send the fabric (8x8 & scrap piece) and your wish.

Thanks,
Alli & Gary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all --
I know I've been MIA from internet-land for awhile, but I just wanted to let you both know how excited I am for you. I can't imagine how daunting the wait feels right now, so I'm hoping that the months standing between you and Avery fly by! If y'all don't mind, I'd love to make a square for Li'l Miss Avery's quilt. You were an amazing pair of substitute parents when I needed them, and I want to let her know how lucky I think she is to have such an amazing mom and dad.