Friday, March 18, 2011

Some Friday Faces....FINALLY!!!!

It has been awhile, almost a month since we have posted Friday faces. We have been extremely busy or sick. So we are nearing the end of our busy extra goings ons, and we are all feeling better, just tired, nothing new there.
Avery continues to amaze us everyday, and she is putting phrases together now, and she says new words everyday. This week it's, "AWESOME"!! It's really sweet the way she says it. I say awesome all the time at work with my kids. I guess it's from growing up in the 80's. Her hair is getting so long now, we have it back in a headband, or clips everyday. We are going to have to trim her bangs really soon though, they are right in her eyes.
We are sleeping through the night again, have for a week now. Hopefully I didn't just jinx us!! But we have turned the music off in her room, and the humidifier, and that seems to work. I also tuck her in on both sides when I put her down, maybe a security thing? But she has been sleeping well for her naps, and at night now for some time so we are grateful for that.


We have been working with our local highschool the past month. We are both alumni, and we help them out with their musical. Gary has been doing it for 10 years or longer, I have been doing their choreography for the past 6 years. Gary does all their lighting, and sound. It's a lot of fun, but a lot of time, extra time. I don't always have the extra time these days. It's been tough on me this year. I was doing choreography at 3:00AM because I was busy the rest of the day. That got old quick, and then I got really sick last week-typical. Had to take a day off of work, got an allergic reaction to the meds I was on, had to cancel 2 Company rehearsals-too much!! But the musical is this weekend, so we're done after Saturday. Gary, who has a full time job from 8:00-5:00, would do that then go to rehearsals from 6:00-10:00, like I said a lot of extra time, and time away from Avery-hard!!


Avery is learning her ABC's, and we are working on colors. She knows quite a few of her numbers already. She continues to make us laugh, and life is so much fun everyday!! I don't think we really knew how fun life would be, or how much laughter there would be in our house, or how much we could love one little girl!!! She is wonderful, and her smile just lights up our days. I love hearing, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"!!!! when I walk through the door. I love the little pecks (kisses) I get out of the blue. When I was sick last week, she kept asking me, "K? Mama? K?" She is one sweet sweet sweet special little girl!!!

We found out last weekend that our Adoption Agency is closing it's doors. It really didn't surprise us, they have been cutting staff down for the past 2 years. They specialize in China adoptions, and with the wait so long now, the people interested in China adoptions have dropped off significantly. So we will have to find a new agency for the next adoption. We still want to do China, and the special needs program. We feel Avery needs a sister, so we will probably start that process Summer/Fall.  I will do some digging in the next few months. If anyone has any suggestions please pass them on to us. We have some friends that went through different online agencies, so I will talk to them also. Glad we didn't start the process yet for Avery's sister, wouldn't want to have to switch agencies mid way through, I've heard horror stories about that. So we have a lot of researching to do in the next few months.


So there's an update along with some Friday faces. Would love to hear from some people. 
Oh! Avery has her first pair of ballet shoes, she loves wearing them around the house-so cute!! I see many more in her future, along with tap shoes, jazz shoes, character shoes!!  :)




8 Months ago tomorrow we met this little China girl, our daughter. The most special little girl in the world. Oh how she has changed, and changed us!! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her hair is getting long!!:) She is looking so good!!! Would be sweet to hear all those words. :) Can u still see her compute it in her head and then she does it when she learns something new?
Glad she is sleeping better, hope that continues for you.
Have a great day and hope you get some sleep too.
Liz

Christa Bertram said...

I can't wait for our weather to get warmer so we can all get out and maybe see your little bug again soon. We live less than 10 miles apart and the last two times I saw her were the parade and a football game. I'm sick of cold weather! Thanks for the update. I love reading them. Take care!

Melody Lietzau said...

Avery is a doll. We absolutely LOVE our agency. America World. I can't say enough great things. They went above and beyond to help expedite our daughters file so that we could get to her because she was not doing well. They have the best guides as well in China whom we just love.