Tuesday, March 4, 2008

8 Months!!!


Happy 8 months to us!!

We are at 8 months- out of many more and too many I want to think about today. But almost to double digits.

We received the crib skirt yesterday for Avery's nursery. It's very cute. I thought we were going to have to send it back because it was looking like we weren't going to be able to get the quilt or the bumper. But, we are, the quilt and bumper are just backordered farther. Her set has lady bugs, butterfies, and grasshoppers on it. It's very cute.

Our house is full of lady bugs right now. We have a ton. I like having them around though, it's comforting.

I went and got some more fabric for the quilt. One piece for one of my friends. She sent Avery a blanket that her child used...Avery's first hand me down. It's very cute. I found fabric that would represent the blanket and the story behind it to put in the quilt. I also got some fabric for our cats and we will put that in the quilt. I'm trying to find dance fabric but haven't found any I like yet.

I also bought a Feng Shui book. It's really very interesting...now I have to do the whole house.

I watched the new show on Nick Jr. today called Ni Hao -Kai Lan. It's like Dora but it's a little Asian girl named Kai Lan and her and all her friends and her Grandfather, Ye Ye, teach you how to say things in Chinese. It's very cute. I hope it stays on for quite awhile. If not I'm sure there will be dvd's to buy from the series. Can't wait to have Avery running around the livingroom shouting, "Ni Hao...Ni Hao...Ni Hao"!!! (Which means -hello)

So that's it from the adoption front. 8 months and counting, and counting, and counting...

Love to everyone~
~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Yay!!! Happy 8 months!!! :D

Anonymous said...

happy 8 months!!!! i saw that in another blog you wanted to read things on buddhism and such and that book that i got from the zen center is really cool and it definitely gets you thinking so if you want you can borrow it!


love you mama bear!