Monday, February 11, 2008

Very frustrated...

Well, Gary and I are more than frustrated lately. I think the tension of the wait and the time progressively getting longer is really starting to take it's toll. I think some family members got the jist of this over the weekend. I know people mean well, but when the time keeps getting longer, and your outlook just doesn't look bright right now, it's tougher than you think. Times are very tough for us lately and people try to understand, it's hard when people never ask how you are feeling or doing, just because we don't physically carry her doesn't mean we don't carry her everyday, and it will be everyday for about the length of 2 1/2 pregnancies.

When you are having a baby people ask you all the time...how are you feeling, are you excited, nervous? Those questions still pertain to us, people forget though. The other end of this conversation is that people don't want to hear us complain about the wait time, or anything else, or talk about the nursery or stuff like that because it is so far away. So, what do you do? Because sometimes we just need to talk, and we are not the most forthcoming individuals, but the frustration is there all the time, the guilt, the sadness, the tears. Yes, I am excited. Yes, I know it's worth the wait. Yes, I agree it's not fair that it takes so long. Ever feel invisible, and helpless in a situation....that's how it feels sometimes.

At least Gary & I are getting away over the vacation. We are going to NYC with 3 of my long time students. Going to take the train in, stay in NYC for 3 days, take in a show, go to Chinatown (it's Chinese New Year). Shop, laugh, meet up with some of my former students who are working and going to college there, and have a good time, away from home and all the stresses.

Thank goodness for vacations!!!!
Love to everyone
~Alli

1 comment:

heather said...

Alli & Gary,

Thank you for sharing your frustrations. We will continue to pray for you. Do you need anything? Do you need help with the nursery?

I picked up the cutest little ladybug wind up toy for Avery-could not resist.

Hope you have fun in NYC.

Love, Heather